Gym/workshop...before And After Pics.

anwnate

Thanks for all the suggestions. I implemented what I could.

My basic Gym area was 16x12x10...but I annexed a few feet from the workshop side for the time being.

There is still an number of things that need doing (Milfield uprights for 2HP etc), and about half my weights are still in Brooklyn.

However, things were put together enough to throw an semit-impromptu Contest today.

I really made an effort to get things done to make use of the space before the rest of the family moves on down.

I created the posters using photoshop and paint...then had them printed at Costco.

A big thanks goes out to Nathan Holle, Paul Knight and Jedd Johnson for the inspiring photos.

The plans for the homemade jerkboxes can be found here...

http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~simonrl/wl/jerkboxes/

They are super solid and came in pretty handy today as both a squatting bar and also (2 high) a loading platform.

The big block weight at the end is the "Manna-Nuff". It's 10.5" tall and 3.5" wide. I named it after the finder John Manna. Wojo was able to get it 4" off the ground...which is pretty insane considering it weights nearly 90lbs (87+).

Without further ado...my new gym!

https://plus.google.com/photos/109041361285957835723/albums/6009405441808646577?authkey=CIqwo6XSrbqGew

• Like 4

That gym looks amazing great job putting it together! Looks like a great spot to have contests also. Look forward to seeing that ny/nj crew growing in size and getting stronger.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 2

Sweet!!!

• Like 1

Great job man, your gym looks absolutely incredible. It's getting me thinking now!

• Like 1

Nice!

Looks like you converted a garage totally? Where do you park the cars now? :)

• Like 1

Well done!

• Like 1

Looks excellent. Very nicely done!

• Like 1

You have great vision. The gym looks amazing. Glad to see it come together.

• Like 1

Very nice work. I'm jealous. Now on the other side you need a 5ton floor lift, air tools, A keg-orator and a huge tv.

• Like 1

A big congratulations to Nate and his new beautiful home! He put a lot of work into the gym in a short period of time and it's a thing of beauty....big, clean, organized and full of toys...a lifter's wet dream.

The energy at the comp was awesome....lots of screaming, yelling, slapping, cussing and PR's! Nate's neighbors must think we're absolutely insane....I mean we got LOUD!

The prizes were awesome and very creative....the motivational poster of Jedd will be displayed proudly in my garage gym.

I hope yesterday was the first of many more comps and get togethers to come!

• Like 2

Thanks to all who paused to read or comment on this thread. If any of you are going to be remotely near to South Jersey for business...or just passing through, let me know and you can swing by in person.

That gym looks amazing great job putting it together! Looks like a great spot to have contests also. Look forward to seeing that ny/nj crew growing in size and getting stronger.

I hope so. It's not huge, but it seemed to work out well. I was hoping to recruit some people in the neighborhood...but I'll have to see what kind of effect the shouting had. lol

Nice!

Looks like you converted a garage totally? Where do you park the cars now? :)

The drive way can fit two sets of two and there's tons of street parking. My original plans accommodated one car in the garage, but the wife said that was silly. I LOVE THE WIFEY!

It was great to train in it yesterday, very nice gym

Thanks man. Much appreciation for you help in all matters...and a big thanks for the "Manna-Nuff".

I will be keeping a permanant log on the wall (with pictures) of all of the men that were "Manna-Nuff" to lift the beast. I encourage anyone who's driving through South Jersey to stop by and give it a try (call first please). It's got to be pretty close to a 45x2 lift...but with a different feel.

Very nice work. I'm jealous. Now on the other side you need a 5ton floor lift, air tools, A keg-orator and a huge tv.

Hah...the small TV is enough for the bike warmup...I'm not big on distraction while working out. I actually have a mini-fridge...but it's still in Brooklyn. In time it will find it's rightful place in the gym. ;) EJ...I'm hoping you make it up here. We should be pretty settled by August...you and the lady will get an official invite then. Perhaps we can get Tom and company also and make it a BBQ day.

A big congratulations to Nate and his new beautiful home! He put a lot of work into the gym in a short period of time and it's a thing of beauty....big, clean, organized and full of toys...a lifter's wet dream.

The energy at the comp was awesome....lots of screaming, yelling, slapping, cussing and PR's! Nate's neighbors must think we're absolutely insane....I mean we got LOUD!

The prizes were awesome and very creative....the motivational poster of Jedd will be displayed proudly in my garage gym.

I hope yesterday was the first of many more comps and get togethers to come!

Thanks Wojo...and congrats on the contest win. You are coming into your own big time.

Seriously...we were super loud. People were pulling up in cars to gawk a bit before driving on.

• Like 1

A BBQ sounds pretty nice. Sounds like a good idea.

Nate, that's gotta be one of baddest gym I've seem. I love the different sections, grippers, bending, etc. And that's an awesome idea for the pull up bars! Can't wait to see it in person!

• Like 1

Nate, that's gotta be one of baddest gym I've seem. I love the different sections, grippers, bending, etc. And that's an awesome idea for the pull up bars! Can't wait to see it in person!

Tomorrow! lol.

TY sir.

• Like 1

Superb!

• Like 1

Yea your gym turned out really nice, u did so much work in there.

• Like 1

Dude that was a LOT of work within a VERY short timeframe man. very cool place it has become. I'm jealous man....-drool- ah damn sorry man, wet my pants....

• Like 1