Hub Lift Equivalent Of A 225lb Bench Press

oregonite

Lol maybe i will trade you my left hand for your right?

That way i have my stong hand and yours lol

My left is actually better on hub than my right. By a couple #'s actually.

Even better left for yours lol

On Finnish medley championships we had 55lbs on hub and i almost lifted it, i think it was Juhas hub. With my own ironmind hub, which is almost new, 45lbs feels heavy.

I have quite short fingers and i am lot weaker in grippers than Joshua so it might be true that short fingers are good for hub.

Have you Mike tried europinch time-hold or reeves deadlift?

Those two seem to be my strongest lifts.

I'm pretty new to the Euro, my best lift is only 140. My Reeves is more respectable, as I think this is more a pain tolerance lift.

As far as this question I think whichever of these two you train more will be a much stronger lift. For me doing a 45 hub is percentage wise to my max hub, harder then a 225 bench. But I bench in a fee different forms a lot more then I hub lift. If I trained hub a lot and never benched I could see 225 being a very solid lift.

Interesting topic and replies. I'm putting on a strength decathlon next month, with the 3 powerlifts, 2 olympic lifts plus the oly press, strict curl, rolling thunder, log lift, and 200lb (each) farmers walk. I'm scoring the competition similar to a T&F decathlon. In my (homemade) tables I have a 600 lb bench scoring 1000 points, and down the chart 225 lbs scoring 328 points. In the grip tables I collaberated with Hubgeezer to prepare several years ago we came up with a Hub performance of 45 lbs scoring 519 points. Being primarily a powerlifter, with very average (or worse) grip strength, I just may be harder on the PLers because of my much more frequent exposure to that sport, but IMHO, I think you'd find most would be able to BP 225 than do a 45 lb Hub..

I'm certainly no expert in either sport and would love to hear from others about this..

where is that? sounds fun. "log lift" is log press?

the raw bench WR is 722 and 225 is 31% of that. the hub WR is 83 and 31% of that is 26.5#.

The contest is at MetroFlex Gym in Long Beach, CA, on May 31st. Fittingly, the contest is named The "Ironwarrior Festival of Strength Decathlon", an event I stated as a 5-eventer at Venice Beach in the early thru mid 90s. After a 10 year hiatus I revived it for 5 years at my Power Palace gym, (and doubling the # of events), until I closed the Palace in 2009. I brought the contest back last year at MetroFlex Long Beach.

The log lift here is a max weight put overhead in any style, form or fashion; strict press, c&j style, or anywhere in between...

I would imagine there's gonna be several varying opinions attempting to draw parallel lines to compare performances in entirely different lifts, and each opinion carries merit. The learning curves of each different event go from a simple curl or bench to a complex and difficult to master movement known as the snatch. The Hub probably falls somewhere in between. This is reflected in the tables I have drawn up for the contest.