Secret Weapon Results?

EJ Livesey

So I searched a little and only found topics on wether to buy or homemade rigs etc.

So my question is, has anyone actually seen real results? I have one from when the gripper superstore was still around. To be honest I've seen better results with forced negatives and using fat gripz. Does anyone have evidence of this thing actually working or is it hype?

I'm kinda scared of this equipment.

Very strong guy Gabriel Sum hurt himself badly on it.

Any form of exercise can cause injury.

Even a barbell has the ability to cause life altering injuries.

I can understand this, it has the potential to fillet the skin off your hand if the handles are seasoned.

Any thing can injure you but the key is to lower the risk of injury. I really do wonder if this is worth me keeping.

Guys closed the 4 with that thing i was always too scared to use all my strength and many top guys destroyed their hands with negatives.

I'm not the type of guy to shy away from something just because it can cause injury. In fact, a lot of the stuff I like to do most people find scary. But consider this...

Yes, something as basic as a barbell can cause injury to you, but that is if something goes wrong, by either you making a mistake, or something about the equipment breaking. You jerk a barbell overhead and lose control, yes, it could tear your shoulder out of the socket, among other things. But that's if something goes WRONG.

With the secret weapon, you can get injured pretty easily if everything is going RIGHT. By it's nature, it is set up to injure you, and very seriously so. The sort of injury that you never really recover from. At best, as mentioned above, it'll skin your hands when it's just being used correctly.

So I'll never touch one. If it has a great risk of injuring you when everything is being done correctly, it really seems to me that it just isn't worth it.

I'm not the type of guy to shy away from something just because it can cause injury. In fact, a lot of the stuff I like to do most people find scary.

Um, you guys should check out some of the sutff EJ has done. He's one of the top DO benders of all time. His bending is brutal and powerul.... kink looks like a truck coming at you.

Bent the Gold, Big Gr 8 in singles, tore an oblique from his cage bending a DS 5 shoe... basically he likes to hurt himself lol.

EJ, you should talk to Nate. He has an approach to grippers I think you will like

Edited by Mike Sharkey
  • Like 1

That wasn't a comment on him, it was a comment on myself and my opinion of the device.

• Like 1

I was chatting to SumGabriel about his injury from using the secret weapon and he tore his small hand muscle and damaged the nervus ulnaris..and you know how strong this dude is! He was only using it with 40pounds for sets of 8 reps and this happened, I took a screenshot to show everyone but only just remembered until now but you can seriously injure yourself using it no matter how strong you are..

post-23364-0-12792900-1396377245_thumb.p

Reps with the SW is bad news. Negs Aren't too risky. As long as you use it for that last bit of close... That keeps the weight in a "safe" place.

If you use weight to ride it out, you'll tend to put more on there, and risk injury.

offffff thats too much. I always thought the safest way (safest not safe) is reps. But Gabriel seemed to injure himself by that AND low weight! Man that thing is scary and I used to do small reps on it too. But I didn't find any problem yet and I don't want to have one ever. I am almost recovering from my shoulder injury which I got a muscle tear there.