Coc #4 (jedd's Older Model #4) Mms Attempt Stills

Chez

I attempted Jedd Johnson's Older Model #4 MMS today. I felt a little off, but I went for it anyway. Jedd has rated it at 199.5 lbs RGC. Here are the stills of the set and close attempt. I'll keep working my butt off and post a full close video soon.

The set after my off hand got out of the way:

COC #4 (older model) Set

The closest I got:

COC #4 MMS attempt close still (Jedd Johnson's older model #4)

I'll keep pushing myself. There is no quit in me.
Edited by Chez
  • Like 8

Thats pretty dam sweet Chez! It will shut

soon for sure! Is that the same #4 Paul Knight

Closed on one of his youtube vids?

Thats pretty dam sweet Chez! It will shut

soon for sure! Is that the same #4 Paul Knight

Closed on one of his youtube vids?

nah, The 199 lb COC #4 Paul closed in that video belongs to John Eaton. Aaron C. has it on loan right now. This one belongs to Jedd.

I'm going to get this. I'll push myself harder than ever before. I want it bad.

• Like 2

I got faith in ya bro, your on 4 level now. No stoppin you!

Awesome work chez...you already have monster crushing power compared to the rest of us...you will get this 4 soon enough. Its also pretty cool to see how accurate the rgc

Scale of measurement is..your max close is around 194lbs right? So here you are off by around 5mm and this thing rgc's at 199 or so.

Awesome work chez...you already have monster crushing power compared to the rest of us...you will get this 4 soon enough. Its also pretty cool to see how accurate the rgc

Scale of measurement is..your max close is around 194lbs right? So here you are off by around 5mm and this thing rgc's at 199 or so.

ya, my max so far MMS in my Super Elite which was rated 194.45 lbs by Chris Rice. I feel Chris and Jedd are pretty close in ratings. It gets harder to make gains as you progress. I have to fight for every lb at this level, but I enjoy the fight. I'll keep working. I really should have tried my MM7 Replica or GE first. Both rate 197+. I haven't even tried them yet.

• Like 1

Awesome job, chez. I didn't have the chance to hold a #4 until recently and after squeezing one I have a new respect for anyone who can mash this sucker. You're gonna get it soon, and I think once your ankle is healed and yiu can go back to doing squats and Deadlifts, you'll see a handsome and welcome boost in crush strength.

Awesome job, chez. I didn't have the chance to hold a #4 until recently and after squeezing one I have a new respect for anyone who can mash this sucker. You're gonna get it soon, and I think once your ankle is healed and yiu can go back to doing squats and Deadlifts, you'll see a handsome and welcome boost in crush strength.

Thanks bro. I did some light squat sets while warming up for this, but I'm not 100% yet. I had to use very low weight. Probably won't be 100% until summer. I'm just happy I can squat something.

• Like 1

Thanks bro. I did some light squat sets while warming up for this, but I'm not 100% yet. I had to use very low weight. Probably won't be 100% until summer. I'm just happy I can squat something.

You'll get there man. As any experienced lifter knows, it's all about longevity and staying healthy. You're doing the right thing with rehabbing and when youre finally ready to put the plates on the bar they will be waiting for you!

Good work Chez! Maybe I can send you my old #4 once? it has the spread of 2.75 too!

Good attempt there...you'll get it soon for sure. Your on the right track! Good luck

thanks fellas. I have more work to do. I'm a persistent guy. I'll just keep chipping away. I'm going after my GE or MM7 Replica first. Patient is important. I always try to knock off my grippers one by one in order. I just felt like trying this one ahead of schedule.

Good work Chez! Maybe I can send you my old #4 once? it has the spread of 2.75 too!

I might take you up on that sometime. Thanks for the offer.

• Like 1

Monster! You need to catch up! :)

Strong Strong stuff Chez!

Thanks David. You have been posting some real impressive lifts. Next tool I'm saving for is a baby inch like you have.

Monster! You need to catch up! :)

I have to work hard because you are definitely catching up. Your crush is getting very strong.

Chez-

Have you ever tried a zenith 4?

I have never tried the Zenith 4. I have tried a Zenith gripper before though. It was last year. I think it was a Zenith 2. It was super easy. It belonged to a friend. I think the Zenith 4 is suppose to be a little tougher than a COC #3.5. They seem great for high rep work, but that isn't in line with my goals. I tend to stay in the 1-3 rep range for my working sets since my main goal is to close the heaviest gripper possible. I occasionally do high reps for a deload or just for fun.