53kg "circus Bell"

steve0

I purchased a 53kg "Circus" dumbbell online from strengthshopusa.com on Monday. Yesterday it arrived at my back door. Great shipping time from Chicago to Cleveland, especially for a heavy package. The bell was $169.99 plus $30 shipping to the lower 48 states. For that price I figured I would give it a shot. I contacted the company and they even provided me with a coupon code.

When I got home it was packed in a cardboard ups box. Inside the box was an undamaged shipping crate. When I unpacked it I was more then pleased.

I read some reviews on the bells that they sell in Europe that they have knurled handles. The handles were unknurled on the bell that I received and it smells of a fresh coat of paint. The dumbbell is a bit longer then my baby inch which I love, 19.5". The handle is where the length comes from at just under 5.5". The handle is just under 2.5".

The only "problem" I can see with the bell is that it has flat spots on the bottom. This is just cosmetic to me. The bell still try's to "roll" out of your hand when you lift it. I just started my lifts from a curved surface on the floor.

This company is just branching out of Europe, strengthshop.de. The us company will be offering the other sizes that they offer in Europe. I am planning on purchasing the 48kg bell and possibly and something over 140lbs when they are available. It is nice that there is a company that sells solid gaps in sizes not offered by the quality producers that are on the market today.

post-18732-0-13098500-1392291449_thumb.j

post-18732-0-43506600-1392291495_thumb.j

post-18732-0-59122800-1392291548_thumb.j

• Like 3

Nice looking. My Baby Inch will be here on Friday but will be looking at these for various sizes. Thanks for posting it.

Seems like a very fair price. Did they give you any idea of when the other size bells will be available in the states?

Nice looking. My Baby Inch will be here on Friday but will be looking at these for various sizes. Thanks for posting it.

Enjoy your valentines day gift. I love mine, it's a work of art.

Seems like a very fair price. Did they give you any idea of when the other size bells will be available in the states?

All he could tell me is that they will be available soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, is the handle itself symmetrical and perfectly round?

Is has a slight oval shape. I will get measurements posted.

2.39" at the narrowest point and 2.51" at the widest

2.39" at the narrowest point and 2.51" at the widest

That seems like a pretty reasonable range. If they bring something like the heavier of the two Baby Inch bells to the states I'll have to grab one. Thanks for the info!

• 1 year later...

Looks very solid , will be driving out there to test some of these, I'm assuming they will have more sizes available in the future