50lb Blob

JeffPeterson

I have a 50lb blob in my basement now, and it is not user friendly. It's nice to have one to finally train on, although my training resembles isometrics. For those blob lifters out there, how long did you train before you were able to break it from the ground?

Jeff I trained on it for maybe 6 months

or so before I was able to break it from

the ground, which is still all the better I can

do. :dry For now that is :cool

Matt

I have 2 of them. They have not been touched yet. I will destroy them in a couple months. Mark my words :mosher

Keep hammering-and use KTA ideas-

Rick Walker :rock

I've worked with blobs consistently since 09/21/02. I first broke the 50 off the ground on 02/01/03. Still haven't fully DL'd it though...

BC.

Brian you broke it from the groung without the "helping line" of the blob right.

It was about 4 or 5 months of hard thumb training. I am testing an exercise on Rick to see if it helps him as it did me. Hand size has a lot to do with it. Mine are 8'' and fat. The homemade Titan Key is also help with the thumb and killing the last two fingers. When these got stronger the BLOB was mastered. I am dogging my left thumb now it is about 10% to 15% weaker. I can do 45#er so it will not be long before I can farmer walk with them. Hey Tommy take your time with that #4 closing I will need your BLOB to do the farmers walk. :whistel:yikes :stuart :laugh

All my grip budies chasing the blob,stick with it i no the feeling,mine is a paper weight at the moment :blush but i will have the last laugh.

Bender53,fat hands,your not jokeing mate,those are some serious mitts you have,awesome work on the video with Rick :bow

When you bent the horse shoe on the video,i froze framed it at the end and you can realy see how thick your palm and thumb are,do you feel this helps you in all things grip or is it a disadvantage in somethings.

Jeff,

I don't have a 50 lb blob yet, but on my grip workout days, I warmup pinch griping two 25lb plates in each hand for a single, then three sets of singles with 35's. I then go to my 25lb mini-blob pass it from hand to hand for a set of 20. Next I attack the 40 lb mini-blob, a single with each hand to a full deadlift position, then three sets of singles with a 40 in each hand. Hope this program helps ya.

--------------------------------

"Live long, stay strong" -C.F.B.

Brian you broke it from the groung without the "helping line" of the blob right.

Yes. I've also set the Blob on top of my flat bench and picked it up from there to full lockout. I held it for several seconds and then looked to make sure it was the 50. I also agree with the importance of thumb strength and also recruiting the ring/pinky fingers as much as possible. It seems obvious, I know, but I've been ignoring my ring/pinky fingers lately and that may very well be why I seem to be stalled right now.

BC.

Wanna I believe they are talking about the ridge that runs across the "inside" of the blob. (There really is no inside now due to the fact that the dumbell has been hacked apart. :D)

You don't see this ridge with Hex blocks.

-HH

Thanks Gazza, yes I believe that my fat hands help bending, the extra padding. Some nights my hands swell so bad I can not touch my pinky with my thumb and can not get my hand in to the protein jug. I work my thumbs some days for an hour. My body loves to build muscles fast. Thank God for those genes. Just thought back on some of my workouts and am reminded that I did thousand of reps on Tommy's poo poo paper pumper for the last two fingers and thumb. This might have given my a good base.