Anyone Have/use Armaid?

Anthony C.

Was just wondering what you guys' thoughts are on it. Seems like a really cool product, albeit expensive, especially if bought with the attachments. But a price can't be put on being injury free. Anyone use it? Does it provide any benefit that a really hard roller such as a PVC pipe can't give? (traditional foam rollers have lost their effect on me)

I know that Shoggoth (Jason Steeves) here on the board has one. Maybe you can pm him.

I've had one for 9 months now and I love it.

For a few years before that I had a dull ache in my right forearm that was easy to ignore with day-to-day activity, but would bother me a lot on the first set of bodyweight chin-ups. As I warmed up and moved on to weighted chins, it would recede back to a dull ache.

The first time I used armaid, I got instant relief. I hadn't even realized how much the continual dull ache was there until it went away. Relief lasted maybe 15-20 minutes, so I just used the armaid again. It's hard to remember the exact details, but the first couple weeks I used it throughout the day, even bringing it with me to work. Eventually, I needed it less and less, to the point that I use it maybe twice a week, on chins/pullup days. Can't remember when my arm felt better.

I use a rumble roller for my legs, glutes, and neck; a lacrosse ball for my upper back, and the armaid for my arms. I never found any benefit using the armaid for my triceps, but it beats everything else for both sides of my forearms and my biceps.

Edited by bdckr

Cheaper version would be a golf ball.

I use a golfball on and off when I get pains or when I get really sore.

I dont like to spend money on unnecessary stuff when there are cheaper options.

Thats just me tho. :)

Can you really get the same kind of pressure with it as you could pushing your forearm into a golf/lacrosse ball on the floor where you can get your whole weight into it?

Thank you for the responses, guys. Right now I'm using a very hard roller and also I do use a golf ball. I find though that I'm still missing certain spots of tightness. Obviously wanted to get your input because the Armaid isn't cheap. Seems like the people that have it love it, but that others have also found ways of loosening up the arms. If I run into some extra cash I'll scoop one up.

Can you really get the same kind of pressure with it as you could pushing your forearm into a golf/lacrosse ball on the floor where you can get your whole weight into it?

I can get better pressure, but more importantly better control with the armaid. It might be hard to appreciate without trying one out, but I can really grind down on all the muscles of my forearm with very little (grip) effort using the off-hand.

I'd keep the golf ball and buy a euro pinch from david horne instead :)

Idk.. When it comes to long term longevity, 100 is a bargain for effective, targeted forearm maintenance. I'm certainly not made of money but I don't regret for minute spending good money on effective products and not shortcutting it. Keeping healthy is a better priority than getting expensive implements.. I mean what good is a euro if your elbows are tore up and you can't train... Spent 1/2 of 2013 not being able to go 100% in the pinch and only now have my elbows settled down.

Edited by jvance

It is a great piece of equipment that will last a lifetime and $100 is cheap over the long run to keep things feeling great and in working order. I highly recommend it.

Edited by 3Crusher

There are two options, a complete package for $100 and a smaller package for $65 that only comes with the black and white rollers. For those who have it, is it worth getting the complete package.

Golf balls and all those things are great if you want to lay down on the floor or lean against a counter or something to get your soft tissue work in.

But the Armaid straps right onto your leg and allows you to put the pressure where you want it in a comfortable position. I keep mine right by my chair and use it almost nightly.

And $100 is nothing. Ever have a massage from a real therapeutic practitioner? You burn through $100 in one or two trips and you keep paying every time you go. With Armaid, you pay once and you are set.

I am a huge believer is self massage and self ART. It works, plain and simple. I went to chiro's, PT's, and more and heavy duty foam rolling was the answer. The Armaid is no different. And, you use it every day.

Would I rather have a good massage therapist work on me - of course - but at $60 to $80 an hour I can't afford that very often. I have the Armaid compliments of Richard Sorin and it works really well. I also have a "Stick" that works really well and I have my wife roll my arms with it also. The Stick has the advantage of being useful for almost any other body part. But the control using the Armaid on yourself is what I like.

Thanks for the input guys! Happy to hear that other people are getting good results with it. I am going to go ahead and order it. Richard Sorin is a class act and I will order it from sorinex as well.

Does it work as well with wrist pain as it does with elbow pain?

It is mainly for soft tissues, so I guess it depends on what you wrist pain is?