Body Weight Euro Pinch X 15 Reps

kodyburns

Hard to find words to say how much I respect your pinch strength, that was amazing Kody!

I respect yours very much as well Bob ! Thank you !

The past year and a half has been very much the same for me. Grip has given me new outlets and brought many new friends into my life that I could never thank enough for all their help and inspiration. It's been a great ride so far. And with guys like you that appreciate and understand the difficulty of some lifts, and being of a lighter weight has made it all very meaningful and worthwhile ! Hope to see you at the Arnold too !

• Like 1

Great work brother. Still liking 50-mm?

Thanks Jedd ! Yes Sir. This was my first time pinching 2 hands at 50mm. 52 was shredding the hands too much.

I'm hoping this helps the 2hp in the coming months.

• Like 1

BTW - Your forearms are scary bro. I aspire to attain that. Reminds me of Pat Povilaitis.

Thanks bro ! Pat is an animal ! The way you've been looking lately has been quite scary in itself !!!

• Like 1

Thanks man ! How is your euro training coming along ?

Ive only trained once in the last 3-4 weeks (not had much time) and that was with 2 x 20kg plates with added weight, My training partner wanted to try it. I will start training soon bro!

I think from everything I am reading from different people that we're going to see a big change is 2HP results worldwide. Staying in the Top 20 is going to get harder and harder. I foresee needing very close to 240# for top 20 slots by the end of the year.

What's the big deal - I can easily do this - all I have to do is lose 100# :). Great work Kody - simply awesome.

Edited by climber511

Sorry to hear about the shoulder injury Kody.. hope its nothing serious?

I've started pinching wider right after Gripmas. ..around 48-50mms. Seems to help.

How big are your hands Kody? Mine are around 7.5" so I was using the narrowest width around 44mms... I'm still trying to figure out the best width. Guess we'll work on that with Chris around the Arnold's!!?

Robert, my hands aren't huge at a bit under 8, however the wider setup seems to work better for my 2hp lately. Of course the wider setup tears up the thumbs a bit more but my point is sometimes the size of the hand is not the only variable that should determine your width. The shape of your hand and thumb range of motion play more of a factor in optimum width than just hand length. 50 used to feel perfect now I'm more comfortable at 58. I think the hands evolve over time... Given your wrist strength thinner may help you more though because you can generate more tilt than I can. Just gotta experiment

Guest Squat More

Robert my hands are the same size as yours, I think it is best to be in the 50-54mm range, it allows for optimal finger and thumb pressure as well as being able to use the callous pads of the palm and the palm itself in the lift. Don't think of 2hp as just a thumb and fingers lift but also the wrists and palms should always be engaged.

Sorry to hear about the shoulder injury Kody.. hope its nothing serious?

I've started pinching wider right after Gripmas. ..around 48-50mms. Seems to help.

How big are your hands Kody? Mine are around 7.5" so I was using the narrowest width around 44mms... I'm still trying to figure out the best width. Guess we'll work on that with Chris around the Arnold's!!?

Thanks Robert. Its the same one I had surgery on back in June. Shaved my collar bone (AC joint area), fixed bicep tendon at rotator, and labrum tears at rotator. I'm pretty sure I re-tore the AC joint. I havent been able to work heavy chest or shoulders since my first contest back in April 2012. So almost a couple years now without really tapping into my upper body strength which has kept me a few pounds lighter than I used to be. Once this baby heals its gonna be great. I cant wait !

My hands are 8.25 in length with 9.75 pinky to thumb spread. I used to pinch at 52 but lately I've been working with 50. I would say experiment to see where you feel the most comfortable. Try isometrics with an empty euro and see where you feel like you can apply maximum pressure. You should be able to get somewhat dialed in by going by the feel of the isometric. Change widths and rate your attempts on a 1-10 scale. Try to listen to your hands as you apply the same intensity to each width you work with. Once your dialed in within a couple different widths then work from that point on to fine tune things.

Thanks guys... awesome info!

Gonna start applying this stuff right away. The wider width does tear my thumb webbing but I think I'm stronger there... Just gotta be careful.

Kody, God's speed with the injury my friend... hope yer 100% by nationals!

Guest Squat More

But with thumbs that are constantly torn up, how much quality training do you miss, and how much stronger could you be with more volume, frequency and training as opposed to strength testing occasionally due to torn up thumb webbing? Food for thought. Me and Bob Sundin were talking about this today, actually. Building strength through reps and holds as opposed to the more commonly used single after single after single approach.

Also you could get some thumb web protectors from David Hornes online shop, I use them every training session and only take them off when going for max attempts. They are not a "crutch", they actually make training lifts a bit harder while saving my thumbs the tears, this allows me for a higher training volume and frequency, not to mention that when I take them off weights feel easier because instead of suede on the euro, its skin and my grip is a lot more solid.