G. G. Bash Tomorrow!

EricMilfeld

Ya'll ready for the inaugural Gripboard Grip Bash tomorrow? I'm hoping to set some new PRs myself, and am quite excited and motivated. This'll be great fun for us gripnuts.

A few reminders: Please familiarize yourself with the rules. Remember, judge yourself as you would judge others. ;):D

I should be home from work by about 0200 Central Standard Time on the 2nd, and will then post the results as quickly as I can hen peck the keys.

Have fun, and thanks in advance for taking part in what I believe will be a true celebration of grippin camaraderie!

I feel a little sad to say that I have to bow out of the Grip Bash. I am entering a Strongman competition on Friday which includes the Farmers Walk as one of the qualifying events and I dont want to fry my grip just a day before the contest. I thought about maybe doing the events today but unluckily I managed to cut 2 spots in my right hand bad last workout doing a "Kinney" style workout with 50 negatives per hand, so I think its better to rest up for Friday. I didnt have much time to plan because I decided to give the Strongman contest a shot just yesterday.

I will probably do the events another day and somehow manage to just beat everybody by the smallest margin :tongue

Good Luck and have fun with the competition!

Sorry you can't participate, Patrik. I cut the webbing between my thumbs and forefingers well over a week ago, doing plate pinches, and it's just now starting to heal up. So, if I don't win, you'll know why :whistel:inno

Pack it with lots of chalk and/or super glue it.

Mine have been busted open so much that I now have scar tissue. Bender53 gave me a 65-pound chunk o' steel that is very wide but also has sharp edges. This is a skin toughener if I ever saw one.

Rick Walker :rock

I never thought of super glue. I've just about got some good scar tisssue built up. I should have known better than to try and pinch my two really sharp plates.

I tore up my hand removing the handles from a Lemley gripper. One was loose but the other was on tight. I needed to get both off to set them higher on the spring. I repaired my hand too. With superglue.

Eric,

Grip-Goddess and I both want to see how our numbers show up in this contest, but can't get to a gym until friday afternoon...

-Eric :D

Eric,

Why not take a single cut mill file and put a slight bevel or

slope on the sharp edges where your hands pinch?

You won`t really be removing a lot of material doing it ;)

Just smoothing it out some

I cut my hands experimenting with my sharp edged 35's, to see if I could do better than I could with my 45's. I couldn't, so I guess there's no point in filing the 35's. Good idea, though.