Card Tearing?

tracer

I'm new to the board. I read some of the posts about card tearing. A couple of questions:

1.) Are the folks tearing the cards using the plastic coated cards?, if not what kind and where can you get them?

2.) Where can one learn/read about the technique(s) to tear the deck?

Thanks,

Tracer

I've been going to my nearest drug store (Walgreens or CVS) and buying a pack of Bicycle RiderBack cards. I'm fairly new at this, so when I feel comfortable tearing these, I will branch out and begin to compare different brands.

My method is different from the way Tommy Heslep does it in the video. I will try to have my method up on my website this week.

Alan

Alan...I'm looking forward to your article.

Are those bicycle rider cards plastic coated or not ?

Tommy,

What kind of cards were you using in the video ?

I tried the only deck of cards I had laying around

to bad they are plastic cards I still ripped 20 cards

I will go out and get a few of the paper decks of

cards and try those.

Matt

No.......I don't work for them so it's not an endorsement.....but

Dollar Tree sells very nice cards......plastic coated and slick.....2 decks for a buck. Stock up.

In my case, I'm mangleing the snot out of them....then I can't grip them to get a good hold/set. I have to seperate them...rip a few

(2 suits is my best) use them again and then throw them out and start on a new deck. :cry

I'll get there someday. ;)

No.......I don't work for them so it's not an endorsement.....but

Dollar Tree sells very nice cards......plastic coated and slick.....2 decks for a buck. Stock up.

In my case, I'm mangleing the snot out of them....then I can't grip them to get a good hold/set. I have to seperate them...rip a few

(2 suits is my best) use them again and then throw them out and start on a new deck. :cry

I'll get there someday. ;)

I just picked 10 packs of cards from Dollar Tree last night myself. I know what you mean about mangling them. They are pretty slick and seem to be hard to get set compared to the old decks I've played with before.