Kody Burns One Hand Pinches 125.4lb

jvance

Also, Kody came in weighing 197.4 for this training session so he is looking at a .635 of BW 1 hand pinch..... if i remember correct his left hand maxed out at 115; so a .58 BW offhand pinch. The apparatus was set at 50mm

Straight pull up , clean pinch lift! What is the highest one hand pinch recorded? Nice!

Richard, according to the information tracked on gripsport.org, the current world record is held by David Horne with a lift of 114.97 pounds.

Thank you all for the support guys. It felt pretty amazing. I pulled 117 four times with the right without reaching the cross bar. On the fifth time I nailed it. And the the tendons must have tightened to a point I never expected.

Richard , not sure on the recorded pinch. If you find out please let me know. Thanks Sir !

Kody, that is one of the most amazing grip feats ever. I thought Jon might have a recording of Jack Buck screaming ""I don't believe what I just saw!" in the background. The Roger Bannister of grip.

• Like 1

Kody, that is one of the most amazing grip feats ever. I thought Jon might have a recording of Jack Buck screaming ""I don't believe what I just saw!" in the background. The Roger Bannister of grip.

LOL... if you listen closely you can here me mutter a choice word - i try to keep it clean but that lift had me in disbelief... too bad more of you guys couldn't be there to see some of the stuff he does on a consistent basis

• Like 1

Great lifting Kody !!

I believe David Horne has the record with 65 kg using one hand .

I think it is around 143 lbs .

The way Kody is lifting , it won't be long til he's challenging this great record !

Great lifting Kody !!

I believe David Horne has the record with 65 kg using one hand .

I think it is around 143 lbs .

The way Kody is lifting , it won't be long til he's challenging this great record !

Thanks Chris ! Not sure on the 143 lbs. I never knew David had done that much. I thought the record was almost 115. We'd have to ask David himself. Maybe he did that much somewhere other than a contest. I wouldn't doubt that number from David though. He's one of the greatest.

David Horne's 65k lift (can't remember if it was actually slightly more) was not done on a Euro set up. It was done on an equipment with, and I quote Arne Persson who has lifted on this device, an almost sandpaper-like texture. In other words not comparable to a Euro set up (which is why DH is nowhere near that on the Euro). David went from doing 120k in the 2HP on his old device to 105k on the Euro when he set a WR on the latter to give you an idea about the differences between the two set ups. Outstanding 1HP Kody!

From memory I think DH mentioned to me that he has done around Kody's mark in training on the Euro so there is not much between the two (in training). In all fairness Kody's lift, by the look of it, was right at the limit. As always though competition is where it counts and right now DH is the champ in the 1HP (if we disregard the weight classes).

Edited by Mikael Siversson

David Horne's 65k lift (can't remember if it was actually slightly more) was not done on a Euro set up. It was done on an equipment with, and I quote Arne Persson who has lifted on this device, an almost sandpaper-like texture. In other words not comparable to a Euro set up (which is why DH is nowhere near that on the Euro). David went from doing 120k in the 2HP on his old device to 105k on the Euro when he set a WR on the latter to give you an idea about the differences between the two set ups. Outstanding 1HP Kody!Than

Thanks for clarifying Mikael. I absolutely agree with you in regards to the record. Practice is practice and all devices somewhat differ in texture. All that matters is what you do on the day of competition. I now have even more respect and understanding of how much work David ( and you as well Mikael ) have done and the hours of training you guys have gone through to get there.

Edited by kodydelone

Incredibly heavy one hand pinch! Nicely done, Kody.