What Grip Feat?

Sybersnott

Roark-

How about a farmers walk of the Inch DB in 1 hand and the Blob in the other-from my trunk to the Saddle Brook Marriott for the AOBS?

:blink:D:whistel

Rick Walker :rock

Wade has already done this combo, right?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• OldGuy

• Wade Gillingham

• Tom of Iowa2

Wade

They say a Master makes things look easy,well you shore did make that look easy :rock:bow which we all no is not.

Awesome display of pinching power, :bow

Wade-that pinch says it all. Your hand strength puts you in a class all your own. :bow:bow:bow

Bill-yeah, Wade did that on tape already. I was simply implying that by June 28th-I will be able to do it-and do it well enough to carry it out of the trunk and into the hotel :whistel:whistel:tongue:rolleyes

I have some goals by then-but that aint one of them. yet.

When I talked to 1stCOC on the phone-he mentioned how he would love to see a 3-35 pinch in 1 hand. I agree. That would be a cool video. :mosher

Rick Walker :rock

First i'd like to just see ANY of the clips here on The Grip page.

I am going out to Cali for a few weeks in may and will have access to a friends high powered super sleek HOG,with all the encryption options.i hope to view all then....

1)a big wrench being bent and /or broke from start to finish(i don't do bending and this sounds insane)

2)double INCH farmers walk

3)double INCH power clean (no press needed :erm )

4)Lifting the Back of a small truck with two fingers in each hand of an Eagle loop(s) OR with One hand of an Eagle loop(we all know the back of a small truck isn't that much but it WOULD look impressive)

A big onehanded lift with a non revolving handle 2 3/8'' clipped to an Ironmind type loading pin. Just to see what other people can do.

BC - Yes, bring your inch down some time.

As far as 3-35's, I have cracked them off the ground a few times with a pipe in the middle. I am still planning to do this some day but it will take the right plates. I don't have 3 that fit together tight.

Thanks everyone. I'm glad my brother made me tape this a few years ago when I did it. I never really thought much of it but I had it digitized in so when oldguy asked for it I put it up. Like I said, I've done this a lot more than 2 times but not on tape.

Wade

Wade,

When you have opportunity, you may well be the first man in history to have documentation for two Inch deadlifts then walk.

THAT is exciting. BC; the sooner the better :D

Wade, what make of plates have you been using for pinching. Maybe you just use whatever is available, or perhaps there are some you prefer.

I always use old Yorks that aren't painted real glossy. If they have the shiney paint on them they are next to impossible.

Wade

Wade,

When you have opportunity, you may well be the first man in history to have documentation for two Inch deadlifts then walk.

THAT is exciting. BC; the sooner the better :D

I agree Joe!

The first man in history to FW two Inch bells!! :happy Can we agree upon a set distance.... say 25 feet or longer??

I think Phil(or obviously Wade)could walk with them right now.

Just a matter of getting the right person to the right place at the right time... :whacked i.e.hook the right guy up with the equipment.

IF others were given time to specialize at this task???...there would be others....

Perfect example of the results specialization training:1997 American WSM 'qualifier'most couldn't walk the course,stumbling slow,and dropping the tanks right and left(yet very powerful men) :bow with 265#(per hand)Farmers Walk.Now?300,330,340,common weights.400Plus has been done by many...OR another example of specialization training?Stones of 365 were considerd Heavy.i.e.At Strongest Man Alive in 1998?out of 10 finalists only Pfister and Ahola loaded the 365.Now?420#done at several contests,385 very regular occurence and 19 year old member of Grip Board loaded a 385.....

Are Pro Strongmen THAT much stronger now(than the old days)?probably not?They trained the EVENTS,Specialized.

Sounds Crazy? :yikes I think with the right specialization training someone could do a 'Double'INCH power clean also?I don't think anybody could do it without training.Maybe?Mark Henry?

And Henry could probably do the double INCH farmers walk?

full dead-lift of 300lbs or more on a 2 1/2" handle.....two- finger close with a #4

Big Tony might be able to take 'em(2 INCH replicas) for a walk too?He CAN deadlift them pretty EZ ily with either hand......and the weight of 172 per hand?(344 total)wouldn't be much for him.

I believe he has taken a few steps with 400# a side on the farmers walk in practice?

Samuelson is a good bet?Brad G.?Savickas?

a 25 pound strap hold for 10 seconds with an BB elite

i also want to see Wade pinch the 3 35s, but only if he has more metallica in the backround

Tom I don't think big Tony got the inch with both hands but he did hold on to it for a long time.

He's lifted the INCH two or perhaps three times before(at other strongman contests)I'm pretty sure his wife e-mailed me that he has done it righty/lefty.(awhile back we debated the size of his hands :D so I e-mailed her for 'dimensions').

A guy that talked to BIG TONY recently said Big Tony wanted a shot at the IFSAA 18inch deadlift record of 1055#before the year is up.Tony told him he thought dropping 20-25?lbs would help out his dead...maybe would help his speed on the INCH walk too. ;)

Guest Harlan Jacobs

This may have already been done. But I have never seen pictures of it. I would like to see a #3 close useing only your finger tips.All four finger tips straight into the handel.

Very impressive pinching Wade (just seen the video). To me, the plate pinch (with no type of bar through the plates) is what pinching is all about.

This may have already been done. But I have never seen pictures of it. I would like to see a #3 close useing only your finger tips.All four finger tips straight into the handel.

This is what I consider a no set close.

The other hand can be used to position the gripper.

For me to do a no-set, with my hand size, I have to start the close with the finger tips.

In my extremely limited experience with using the grippers, I would consider a pure "no-set" close to be picking up the gripper with one hand and not using the other hand to postion it at all. This normally means I have to start the close with just my index and middle fingers, then wrap the ring finger around the handle when it has swept close enough. The little finger seems is for me an optional extra - it often seems to end up around the ring finger and not touching the handle at all. When you use the other hand, you are still putting the gripper where you want it to be even if you are not bringing the handles closer together.

As for what I'd like to see (that we have not already seen), the Inch FW (I think there are several who could do it right now), 3 x 15kg (or 35lb) pinch with no bar through the plates, any one-finger deadlift.

When I do no-set closes I don't touch the gripper at all with the off hand. I do wiggle it into place before I start the sweep but it's all one hand. Not sure what Bill is talking about??

I have heard Phil has done two bells.

I'm guessing Wannagrip intended to write that the other hand CANNOT be used to set the gripper?

There are some men who may be able to deadlift and perhaps even walk with two Inch bells- but so far as I know, no documentaion has come forth in video or photo form.

He is talking about finger tip closes, and that with a close not involving the other hand he needs to initiate the close with his finger tips due to not having a large enough hand.