Strapholds And #2

nrw125

I asked the other day what's a realistic time goal for closing the 3, but i was kind of jumping the gun there. I'm still working on the 2, I'm wondering how much everybody could straphold on a #1 or filed 1 when they finally got the #2. Last night I used 15 for 3 sec, then backed off to 12.5 for 5 secs. Just trying to get an idea of where I stand.

Thanks,

nick

I think for most the average is "20 some" pounds on the lower gripper (no cutting, just normal gripper) before you will be close to the next gripper up.

Rsw that must be some #2 considering that 70lbs. on the gripanator is about the #3 According to PDA.

RSW

I suspect PDA arrived at that # via a flawed calculation rather than experience. While my #2 is tough (I think), I can barely get the handles of my #3 past parrallel, so there is no way 75lb. on the Gripinator= a #3 close. I think 100lb. on the Gripinator would be ~a #3 gripper.

I thought the 4.3:1 ratio they had previously mentioned sounded pretty close if 75lb=322ip, and an average #2 gripper is ~300ip.

Robert