Lemleys 195lb. Gripper

don of tha new grip

I was taking a look at Tom Black's web site and in the adjustible gripper article he has a link to this lemley's web site where they advertise a 195lb. gripper for $9.00. Well this gripper came in the mail today and this thing is twice as hard as my COC#2 I'm guessing it's around the no.3 (I can not budge this thing) Even though I have a #3 It's not gonna get opened till I close the #1 consistantly so I can do negatives on it for the 2; anyways, the handles do rotate a little but what do you expect from a $9 gripper ;) Also the handle spread on this thing is 3 1/2 in. and let me say to you guys who can close a 3 and even get it to parallel :bow I am in awe.

BTW, great article Tom.

I got one awhile ago as well. I'd rate mine at about a #2.5. It's a must have gripper I believe in any grip trainer's arsenal. The #1 reason I like about it is the increased range of motion it has over the IM CoC's.

L.J.

It's not surprising that their is even more variability in those grippers than in the IM's. Geez, you can adjust the strength yourself by pulling out the handle and gluing it wherever you want! I'm curious, does yours come in a little box labeled "Double Spring Power Twister"?

I measured the spring once on mine with a micrometer, I seem to remember it was a little thinner than the #3's. Not by much, but enough to definitely be a different spring and not just a measurement error.

I must have just lucked out with my Lemley's- I've never had any handle problems. I've never used it with any frequency though. Tom, mine did come in a box like that. Even though I'm a southpaw I don't like it- it feels weird in my hands.

BC.

Mine also came in that box,

I measured mine with a micrometer as well and the lemleys spring is bigger than my #2, not by much but there is a definet size differnce,

But I'm glad to here that it is safe to move the handles.

Hands of stone assuming we have the "same" gripper at about a 2 1/2

the #3 must be a monster I can't wait to open mine!

Edited by don of tha new grip

I closed Riotgrip's Lemley's before I could close a #3-and I closed it with both hands with ease.

Maybe they got harder? This one was like a 2.25.

Rick Walker :rock

Anyone know how to best remove the handles from a Lemley? I want to then glue them back on properly, and set the spring as far in as possible.

OldGuy,

The best way is just to work it back and forth UNTIL it starts to loosen, then start twisting it off. You work your grip, right? :blink Yeah! Now's your chance to show it! Just keep twisting it.... it will loosen. That glue they have on it isn't worth crap. If you use the Lemley's long enough, it will start to loosen on it's own. Good Luck! :D

bigger than my #2, not by much

That's weird, the spring on mine is more comparable to a #3 spring, this sounds like it is more comparable to a #2 spring. Of course, they really are not that much difference, but you should be able to see the difference with a micrometer. Mine isn't really a Lemley's, a friend of mine found it in a Martial Arts store in DC.

I was able to twist off the handles from the Lemley gripper. I put them back and set and glued them so that they are even with the bottom of the spring loops. It is now very close to a #3.

• 3 months later...

my Lemley is very close to a #3 in terms of spring size and strength. It is actually probably harder than the #3 in my right hand because the width between the handles is much greater, the knurling is not nearly as rough (causing it to want to slip), and the spring direction makes it quite awkward.