2-35's Pinch!

David Mitti

Awesome David, congrats!! Those plates looked pretty wide too

Edited by Tom Scibelli

Awesome David, congrats!! Those plates looked pretty wide too

Thanks Tom!

Felt great to finally get this lift!

Nice lift! Are those CAP barbell plates?

Thanks bro!

Yeah,Cap plates they be.

made it look easy. you been killing some grip milestones lately, nice job.

Thanks bro!!

I am really liking the challenge that grip poses!

Guest Squat More

Very nice, all my plates are CAP, 45's down to the 2.5s though I have never tried much besides pinching 25s for time, perhaps I will start giving the plate pinching a go.

• Like 2

Nice progress, David. Remember that 2-35s are of the Nationals qualifier lifts. Keep up the good work and you will definitely nail down the rest of the qualifiers.

Congrats!

Thanks Jason!

Nice progress, David. Remember that 2-35s are of the Nationals qualifier lifts. Keep up the good work and you will definitely nail down the rest of the qualifiers.

Thanks Jon!

Appreciate the support!

Very nice man. Well done.

Thanks Cannon!

Nice man you made that look easy!

I'm still working on 2 45's your video has motivated me to work towards that goal more now. How wide are your 2 45's? I think mine were near 3.5 inches -little under though- together.

Plate pinching was one of my first steps into grip. Somewhere perhaps on this site is a copy of me in my house slippers as a young man shortly before my 13th birthday (a mere 50 years ago )making a right and left hand pinch deadlift of a pair of York 35s and 25s. I wasn't sure where I would go with grip or how long I would be active but, some good memories. Since the plate pinch is an isometric hold and strength is developed at that angle and distance try to vary the implement size and width for best all around development.

Plate pinching was one of my first steps into grip. Somewhere perhaps on this site is a copy of me in my house slippers as a young man shortly before my 13th birthday (a mere 50 years ago )making a right and left hand pinch deadlift of a pair of York 35s and 25s. I wasn't sure where I would go with grip or how long I would be active but, some good memories. Since the plate pinch is an isometric hold and strength is developed at that angle and distance try to vary the implement size and width for best all around development.

2 35s at 13 yo? that is crazy.