Rick Walker, Bender53, Derek

Rick Walker

Bender53 (Steve McGranahan) showed up at about 9 A.M. and after introductions-we started hauling the equipment out. THick handled DBs, Blobs of all shapes and sizes, nails, cards, spikes, and scrolling bars, and odd tools like anvils.

No time was wasted-Steve (who is UNcertified by the way) smashed a #3 in his right then left hands. I followed suit and did the same. Derek closed my PDA 387 and got within a quarter inch of the #3.

What's next? Blob or Inch? Blob or Inch? Steve shouts-"BLOB!!!!!"

So we work our way up from a 37.5, to a 40, to a 45. I take a shot at the 50-nope. Not yet. IT WILL COME. Steve's turn. Just like BUTTER. The Blob-conquered with an easy lift.

BUT STEVE AINT DONE :mosher He adds 2-1.25 Platemates and YES-gets the it a good foot off the gorund-52.25 pounds. :bow:bow

Now it is time for thick bar. I have been awaiting this-but it was not to be-no go on the Inch. I then 2-arm cleaned it and attempted to press it with 1 arm-almost....but no. Steve brought a thick bar that was sweet-shiny and nice. He calls it the foot and it is thicker and 120 pounds. I hoisted it with each hand-then pressed it over head.

STEVE'S UP. By now I am getting :angry: as he is whopping my arse. The Inch-can he do it without ever touching one? Without ever seeing one?

OH YEAH BABY!!!! The Inch came up about a foot for Steve. :bow Banging baby-I am now down 3 to 1. :angry::angry:

(IF ANYONE IS COUNTING-THAT IS 3 LISTS THAT STEVE CAN BE ADDED TOO)

Well-I gotta beat Steve at something-so I load the PDA farmers to 310 an arm knowing that his back is bad :D . Beltless, I rip em' up and walk em 30 feet. At 198 pounds.

HERES TO YOU 3CRUSHER :rock:D

Steve then bends-crazy nails, spikes, tears some cards, and brakes 2-drop forged crescent wrenches.

Then we do some combination stuff and clean and press some light anvils-etc.

LUNCH BREAK!!!!! 6 DOZEN WINGS-THANK YOU.

Back at it-more closes of gippers, more bending-I do some scrolling. HANDS ARE FRIED CHICKEN!!!!! YEAH!!!

6 pack time. I pull out the Kinney special-Coors Original-a 6 pack goes down can bustin' style.

More bending, cards, thick pinching-Steve levers some crazy hammers, I almost get hit in the face with one.

5-10s pinching.

FUN FUN FUN!!!

AND BEFORE ANYONE ASKS-THE ENTIRE SESSION-ALL ATTEMPTS, ALL LIFTS, ALL CANS, ALL EVERYTHING BUT LUNCH IS ON A NICE VIDEO TAPE-GOING IN THE MAIL TOMORROW TO BILL.

My friends-Steve McGranahan (Bender53) IS THE REAL DEAL.

SEPTEMBER IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!

Rick Walker :rock

By the way Steve-My bathroom still smells and you have been gone 30 minutes.

Thanks for all the toys you left me-that was way cool. My 2 Blobs will get LOTS of work.

We will do it again in a month or so and really blow some minds-eh?

Thanks again brother-

I can't wait to see the lifts...

L.J.

Edited by HandsofStone

Envy......one of the deadly sins. I must control myself!!!! :angry:

Sounds like you had a great day. Can't wait to see the video!

You got me hungry talking about the wings. :D

By the way Steve-My bathroom still smells and you have been gone 30 minutes.

Thanks for all the toys you left me-that was way cool. My 2 Blobs will get LOTS of work.

We will do it again in a month or so and really blow some minds-eh?

Thanks again brother-

LOL

Rick,

It certainly sounds a fun time. Did Steve fully deadlift the blob? So we can add him to the list.

Well done to all, David

Oh yeah-he fully deadlifted it and got the Inch atleast a foot off the ground. That is 2 lists. Also shut a #3-3 lists.

Easily destroyed a blue nail, some big spikes, etc.

The video is gonna be great.

Tommy-Steve took care of your $$ for the contest-just complete the form and send it in!

Great report.Awesome and inspireing.Congratulations to Bender on the BLOBand the righty/lefty #3 close!Rick XXXcellent job on the Farmers!

Great work and great 'reporting'.Fun-feels like you are there-writing style!!!....better than some(most!?) Milo articles I've read!!!!! :rock

I'm printing this off and putting it on the bulletin board if thats ok! :inno

I am feeling it now! WHOO!!! We went about 3 hours of training before lunch-than another couple hours.

Traps are cramping-hands are TORE UP! Those PDA farmers are SHARP.

Have to give Thanks to John Wood for showing me his can busting style. I ripped through that sixer. To The GripBoard for giving me day in and day out motivation. To Steve for driving 2 hours to come to my house and train-and bring me 2 50-pound Blobs, 2 thick chunks of steel, and some bending steel. And-FOR TURNING ME ONTO SCROLLING!!! To Derek for training with me these last few weeks and HAMMERING THE 387 LIKE IT WAS A TOY! He is gonna be GREAT!

Most of all-to the Lord. He was with us today Steve-we all did well.

Hope you had a safe trip home. Maybe I will bottle some of this water here for you when you come back!

Sounds like some fun. To clarify, the Inch is at least to knee height if I remember correctly? One foot isn't high enough for the list.

Looking forward to getting the tape!

Awesome training tale Rick!!

Glad to hear you have conquered the can, knew you had the crushing strength down to overkill so you just needed some technique to get the job done!

Jon@han

Wow what a blessed day! God is good all the time!! It is so hard to move these fingers. Where do I start? Rick and Derek it is an honor to call you friends. What a hoot we had? Rick those blowing up cans were the neatest feat I have ever seen in person. I like that idea you gave me for talking to kids. O great dudes of the board the drive that Rick has is off the chart. This is one dude I want to hang out with and hope that same of it rubs off on me. To see 198# carry 310# in each hand for 30 feet with no belt, no raps, and ain't no way he need straps. It was awesome! I am planning to train harder now on those big handle implements to get a full pull next time it should not take long now that I have been bit by the "Inch Bug". Those of you who are planning to be there in Sept. will truly enjoy Rick's toys he has and the tips, ideas, and laughs. It will be a blast.

Oh Sir Snot A Lot please do your paper work!

Rick is sending me a form for the contest.

After reading all of that... I must say I'm impressed, especially Rick's FW!! :bow:bow:rock

Now that I have had some time to digest it-and watch the tapes through again a few times-I have a few things to say:

I CRY UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, Steve is bigger, his fingers look like pepperoni sticks, and he has 16.5 inch forearms.

If we used fairbar Steve-I would have whopped you so bad you would have tucked tail and ran home! :whistel:whistel

:D:laugh:yikes

I am making a VHS copy of the day for you Steve. Hope you had a chance to enjoy the Kinney tape and Sorin's tape.

See you soon-

Got to lock this now based on the full deadlift of the blob. Until I get the tape.

He did it CAUSUALLY 4-5 times throughout the session-as you will SOON see- :D

I love posts that get locked down. It means someone is doing something World Class-and this board demands the PROOF!

AWESOME!

I promise you won't be let down!

Rick?Steve?,

Ht. and wt. of Rick?

Hand size?

Other lifts?Gym or competition or???

16.5inch Forearms IS impressive!!!THAT is a HUGE measurement!Period. :bowRicks description of' fingers look oike Pepperoni sticks'...sounds like something i would say :laugh:laugh

I went to his site he is a massive guy.There is a pic of him doing a tire flip too?

Strongman competitor??

I'd guess EVERYBODY would like to know more about Rick?But may be pretending that they dont.... :rolleyes just kidding.Lets get some stats...for Trivia boy.

Thanks

Just a thought?The short list of Blob lifters was increased by 3 new names in the last ..what?10 days?

Whats next????