Amy Wattles Is The Queen Of Grip

Hubgeezer

I met Amy today at the IronMind Record Breakers Contest in Santa Clara, California. There were three female competitors.

It was not so much that she won all of the events, or that she won the events decisively, it was the sheer numbers that she did. She should tell you about it herself. Big, impressive, at times record-breaking numbers.

She has raised the bar and set the standard for all others to be aiming.

• Like 1

Wow, great write-up! And there was no collusion in doing that! I missed my calling in Life. I should be a Pitch Man...

Congrats Amy! Colossal performance: set 4 world record, 1 national record, and Heavyweight Women's American National MAS Wrestling champion.

Good day!

Thanks for the link Amy. Great performances and your write-up was very entertaining.

Thanks for the link Amy. Great performances and your write-up was very entertaining.

Congrats Amy. Really impressive numbers.

I am working on trying to get the other women's numbers from the competition. Trust me when I tell you on several of the events these ladies put up some very good numbers for their first time out.

Once i get them I will share.

Congrats Miss Amy your hard work and dedication is really paying off...Way to represent your gender very well and fellow Gripsters!

Congratulations Amy! Years back I sold my Devils Advocate to a Amy in CT that posted as oldschoollion, was that you?

Different Amy. Amy is from Idaho.

I am working on trying to get the other women's numbers from the competition. Trust me when I tell you on several of the events these ladies put up some very good numbers for their first time out.

Once again, thank you guys for the nice words. This competition was testament to what STRONG women can do. I am beside my self with anticipation for January and am already talking in my sleep, giving a grip seminar. It sounds so awesome in my head and I am totally pumped until I wake myself up talking and realize how silly it all is.

I wanted to point out Amenah's scores. Amenah is fairly new to lifting and very strong. She only trained grip a few times before the competition but check out her scores. Rolling Thunder - 106, DO Axle - 204, Hub - 39. That's just raw strength carrying her performance so it is with great anticipation that I wait to hear her next competition results AFTER she's done some training, learned technique and focuses on grip strength.To me those sound like an AWESOME starting point.

Once again, thank you guys for the nice words. This competition was testament to what STRONG women can do. I am beside my self with anticipation for January and am already talking in my sleep, giving a grip seminar. It sounds so awesome in my head and I am totally pumped until I wake myself up talking and realize how silly it all is.

You mention "January"...is Haugen open to a Women's Division in Los Angeles? That contest is a couple of notches higher than the Northern California one in terms of participation, prestige, attendance, etc.