Coc3 Vs Bbe

Josh O'Dell

I have just ordered a Beef Builder elite and plan to close it, i have closed the COC3 and would just to no others imput on the BBE, rating comparison with the 3 and the difference in feel, or even how you got from the 3 to the elite.

I can't close either, but just for reference, my Elite came in at 163.

160s seem to be common for the elite thanks buddy.

• Like 1

Mine rates at 168 I can't close it but I can close my filed #3 and ghp7

How close do you get?

170lb would be my stab at an average for an Elite. I've 2, one @ 170lb and one about 177lb by feel, I've crunched the easier one a fair few times and closed my moody 176lb SE but haven't shut the harder Elite yet so would put it just a tad harder.

If you've a sub 170 elite then that's an "easy" one...they also tend to be a little easier on the sweep but harder on the close than the CoCs ...at least that's my take on it.

Edited by Autolupus

Nice i no my coc3 seems super heavy but on the other hand its the only 3 i have ever ha, i no my 2.5 feels close to my 3.

My Elites run from 168-175.

So would you say they are difficult as a 3.5coc?

Yeah, the 1 #3.5 I own is 178 after filing it down. My BBEs/3.5 felt the same.

I'm not sure where the new Tetting stuff falls since the only new gripper I bought is a Beginner. I bought it because after about 187237163 reps my Trainer finally gave up the ghost.

Sounds like my HG100, it takes a beatin. What Mash Monster would you compare the coc3 to?

The new elites average in the mid 160s like 165. The older ones were tougher. I have both an old and new one rated at 171.5 and 165.3 respectively

Ok that makes sense i would like to start rating my own grippers the elite i ordered is the only gripper i will have thats rated.

What Mash Monster would you compare the coc3 to?

...Mash Monster level 0 :upsidedwn

Well yea lol sorry i ment the 3.5 !!! Geez im a gooberr

lol I believe if you can close an average 3.5 you should be able to destroy the MM2. Someone who has actually certed the MM2 can correct me if I'm wrong.

Well compared to ratings i have seen that sounds about right. Sounds beastly to me :/

Mm1 is roughy 155

Mm2 about 164

Mm3 about 177-180.

Most 3.5s are similar to the Mm3

Elites from CaPOW are running 160-170 lately. Any one could be anywhere in that range.

So the 3 is very close to the MM1 if not the same.

On average, it's a little under, that's why the #3 is designated MM0.

Well I can get my 3.5 closer then I can the elite it feels a lot stiffer but I don't know what the 3.5 rates at the elite is my only rated gripper

I want to attempt that mm1 in the near future.

Same here i have ten grippers none rated the elite i ordered is, it looks like the grand master is pretty close to a 3

Mm1 is roughy 155

Mm2 about 164

Mm3 about 177-180.

Most 3.5s are similar to the Mm3Elites from CaPOW are running 160-170 lately. Any one could be anywhere in that range.

I agree with the mm1 and mm2 estimates but the mm3 is harder than that. I closed my 179.7 lb Coc 3.5 right before I certified mm3 and it was harder. I would say 181-183 is my opinion. It ramps up like crazy the last 1/4 inch. Feel like someone put something between the handles at that point.

I have a 173 E and a 171 E with an extended handle. Some one gave me a beat up Thor E that was 158 or so.

My pr with my #3 is 2 mms reps.

I can't even set my BBE.

I think my BBE is a very very tough one though.

Edited by Norden