Rolling Thunder Max

bencrush

How much can you deadlift on with the Rolling Thunder handle?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How much can you deadlift on with the Rolling Thunder handle?

• 1. 100-110 lbs
    • 2. 111-120 lbs
    • 3. 121-130 lbs
    • 4. 131-140 lbs
    • 5. 141-150 lbs
    • 6. 151-160 lbs
    • 7. 161-170 lbs
    • 8. 171-180 lbs
    • 9. 181-190 lbs
    • 10. 191-200 lbs
    • 11. 201-?

The best I've ever done is 148.5lbs (counting the weight of the handle, carabiner, loading pin). I weighed 205lbs that day. I know this isn't a great number, but I'm curious what other board members are capable of. Please include bodyweight.

Ben Edwards

My best on MY handle (as opposed to a new one used in competitions) was 135 kilos - with an average of 125 kilos plus handle etc. I weigh around 250 pounds.

Holy Crap Steve! I knew yours was high, but didn't realize it was over the 285 mark yet. Awesome number and extremely humbling to realize that my max is exactly HALF of your max. You're an absolute beast...meant in a good way of course :D

Ben Edwards

My best is 157 1/2 lbs. of actual weight at 280 lbs body weight. Creepin toward 200 lbs.

-----------------------------

"Live long, stay strong"

My best was 190lbs at 220lbs bodyweight, I could probably

do more at a competition but who knows ;)

Matt

I did 175 lbs when I weighed about 230 lbs. I dont train with the RT atm. A thing I have discovered with thickbars is that my forearm get sore when I work it. Its the long finger tendons running in the forearm that gets hit. In all other grip work I do I never get that kind of soreness in the forearm.

174lb at a body weight of 194lb. This was when I was very regular in using it about one year ago. In the past few weeks I've started to get back to it (as well as my bending and sledge workouts) and right now it's about 162lb.

170lb plus pin and RT at a body weight of 195. I recently started training with the RT. I love this lift! Hooked for life!

Edited by Adam Black

My best is 160lbs on loading pin at 175lb body weight

and a 7'' hand. Very tough lift for me.

135 kilos is roughly 297 pounds.

That is insane.

Would this not be the world record ?

Ironminds catalouge says "Is there a man in the world who can one-hand deadlift 300 pounds with this handle?" So far, the answer has been no, but maybe you will be the first. "

Yes but take note of the 'new handle' comment. My handle is old and worn and with a little chalk getting into the sleeve over time has stiffened up - it still moves. When I did the Luton grip seminar at Pullums it had been my intention to pull at least 125 kilos plus the 8 lbs handle and carbina weight (282 lbs). Not to be :( I managed an easy 80 kilos plus (184) and a hardish 100 kg (228) but was only just able to skim the matting with 125 (282). In training I can regularly pull 125 on my OLD handle.

NB: using a wrist strap (ie cheating) I have pulled 448 (10 x 20 kilo discs).

That is still awesome.

What is the official world record on the Rollin Thunder ?

I have done 255 with a new R T handle. Currenly lifting 215 to 230 at 275 bodyweight. I mostly lift with my non revolving handle. Thunder that just won't roll.

That is still awesome.

What is the official world record on the Rollin Thunder ?

264.5 lbs

We have an air pig to blow dust off the Rolling Thunder.We don't use chalk though.

My Rolling Thunder is....???? better than it used to be ;) but still not all that great....

I like our non-revolving 2 3/8" thick handle also...and do much better on ring lifts...which with the thin ring are LESS grip...more pain though :erm

I would guess there are 10 guys (or less) that can hit more than 250#on the Rolling Thunder..in the world??

So is it same to say that Moberstone is the Rolling Thunder World Champ ?

I do not use chalk on the R T or any plastic handles. Not sure why but chalk helps me only on metal surfaces. My new favorite lift is the Dinnie lift, even though I am Irish rather than a Scot! I have seen pics of the Dinnie stones being lifted, but straps were used.

So is it same to say that Moberstone is the Rolling Thunder World Champ ?

Nooooo! I've forgotton the proper geezers name. Unofficialy maybe and Josh Bigger has doen 282 unofficially.

Yeah the Ring lift is sort of a 'Dinnie'lift.Hooked up ot a carabiner and an IM loading pin.

I like it a lot.I am not so far behind on it as i am on the thick bar stuff.We now have 3 different sizes of rings the biggest is about 1 inch..the smaller 5/8"(I believe)is very painful.

My Dinnie ring is 4 1/2'' inside diameter. the ring is 5/8'' thick. It hurts like hell! At the moment my Dinnie lift is 25lbs more than my fixed 2 3/8'' lift. I made rapid progress on both of them. A loading pin stacked high with 45 pound plates looks monstrous.

Yes that stack of 45's(for me on the' Ring lift'ONLY!)is an awesome sight.My thick bar is quite a bit behind of the Ring lift...I'll stop whineing though and just get better at it.

I'd like to see it as an event in a strongman contest!Again very visual and impressive to watch....