Gladiator-roller Vs Rolling Thunder Vs Crusher

Stephen Ruby

Roller

Nd4Di2t.jpg

65 $ popular in European Countries. The company that sells that seems to have good reviews for making solid products.

Rolling Thunder

SqJrKyb.jpg

75 $ The golden standard for this type of event in general

The crusher

DHWfWWv.jpg

30-60$ Not as popular but the cheapest option

My question is if you were to buy one right now to use to train for open hand strength with regards to this type of event which would you choose? What is the major differences between them or are they all pretty much the same?

I like my Crushers. Great quality, very fast spin and available in different sizes. I've got the 2" and 2.5".

I like my Crushers. Great quality, very fast spin and available in different sizes. I've got the 2" and 2.5".

How long have you had them? My fear is they might lose their spin and not last quite as long.

Also does it respond well to chalk or is it slippery?

I think I might get one in general though since they are quite cheap.

Would like to know if anyone has tried the gladiator version though also

I've had the 2.5" for at least a couple of years and the 2" for maybe a year and a half. Still spin like new. Chalk up good as well. The paint will chip off though but it's not really a problem.

• Like 1

I like my RT because it's what is compared across the world in one arm thick bar training. Lets you know where you stand.

I have a 2" Crusher and a 2.5" Crusher that have literally thousands of lifts on them. They still spin just as freely as the day I got them. I would highly recommend these to anybody. For me, they are both tougher to lift than a RT. I also have a couple RT handles and I thoroughly enjoy training with them as well. My suggestion would be to get a RT and a 2" Crusher.

I like thick dumbbell handles better than any of them. The strength I get from a handle carries over to the RT types but for me anyway it doesn't seem to work in reverse. I look at all of these type handles as more of a "test" than a training tool. At least in my case.