Ghp Lvl 7 Closed.

wvhills

I found this gripper to be a little bit harder than my CoC #3 especially during the onset of the crush.

• Like 1

That's some great grip power, well done man!

• Like 1

Awesome close. That is really hard to do. GHPs are especially tough to TNS.

• Like 1

That's some great grip power, well done man!

Awesome close. That is really hard to do. GHPs are especially tough to TNS.

You have some horsepower, strong!

Thanks guys. Does anybody know of a gripper that falls around 305 or 310lbs I'm not sure what that would equate to in RGC but maybe 165lbs? 170lbs?

I pretty much only go by RGC ratings these days. Are you looking for something between your #3 and Elite?

I pretty much only go by RGC ratings these days. Are you looking for something between your #3 and Elite?

I need something just a bit stronger than the elite but not as hard as a 3.5 if such a creature exist?

• Like 1

Strong tns close

The GHP are wider also which makes it hard to get good leverage I'd imagine. How long are your hands? Do you mainly just do grippers right now or have you thought about trying some other areas of grip? I think you would do quite well with a lot of grip feats, keep it up though.

The grippers between a 3.5 and elite seem to be quite rare and I think it comes down to either a hard elite or weak 3.5 from what I"ve been told.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

I need something just a bit stronger than the elite but not as hard as a 3.5 if such a creature exist?

That is a super tough range to find. I have some but I had to wait for pre-rated ones to be sold on the board by members in the selling section to get them. An average Elite is 165 RGC and an average COC #3.5 is usually 175-180 RGC. What you want is something like 170ish. Matt Cannon just started to sell pre-rated MM Replica grippers in his store. Its more expensive but will probably save you money in the long run by not having to gamble on unrated grippers and you won't have to wait for another member to sell ones in that range.Check out the info on Matt's pre rated ones here: http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=40386#entry570037

• Like 1

Strong tns close

The GHP are wider also which makes it hard to get good leverage I'd imagine. How long are your hands? Do you mainly just do grippers right now or have you thought about trying some other areas of grip? I think you would do quite well with a lot of grip feats, keep it up though.

The grippers between a 3.5 and elite seem to be quite rare and I think it comes down to either a hard elite or weak 3.5 from what I"ve been told.

Thanks Stephen, I've tried pinching two 35lb plates together before but nothing else. I'd like to try Rolling Thunder and some bending too just to see what it is like.

Be careful what you ask for, I started grippers first then the two 35s, then to Vbar and I hit bending and the grippers just went out the window because a gripper closes and shuts but remains the same where as bending you have strength suspended and a nice little trophy to...Super TNS of a gipper that you estimate a bit higher than your CoC #3!

• Like 1

That's for mentioning us Chez!

If you were going to take a gample on something hoping it would come in at 160-170, Elite is pretty much the only thing that fits the bill. FYI, 165-175 grippers is the hardest range to hit, in my opinion.

Side note: Heh, just watched the video. I thought you were the guy who used to post and did TNS because he only had one arm. Guess not! Now I remember your stuff. You had the recent TNS of the Elite.

• Like 1