Who Will Certify On The #4 Under The New Rules First ? Predictions?

kasparov

The number 4 certification may be achieved this year. But who will it be? What are your thoughts...

Known contenders: Jonathan Vogt

Paul Savage

Juha Harju

Ioan Puscasu

Other monsters...

Pretty sure Michael Burke could if he wanted too. He is a monster on grip and its pretty much a secondary thing for him. His recent performances this year have been incredible.

Edited by Stephen Ruby
  • Like 1

Pretty sure Michael Burke could if he wanted too. He is a monster on grip and its pretty much a secondary thing for him. His recent performances this year have been incredible.

This is the kind of wild speculation that makes internet forums so interesting :D

I agree with Stephen, I think the most likely person will be one of the recent Strongman certers of the 3.5. Its like when Big JB decided to bend Horseshoes, he blew right past everyone; level of base strength and force applicationis just so high. If he starts posting his unbraced efforts and takes a serious run at it, you will, imo, see Gazza level bends rather quickly.

Think in terms of lbs on the "RGC". Imagine how many lbs you would be down after being in a Strongman contest, and after a Grip contest where you set the world record on the Axle, pulled a bunch of Rolling Thunder reps, held the Silver Bullet to exhaustion, went through a pinch medley, cranked up a wrist roller with a mind-numbing amount of weight, and then pulled dozens of deadlift reps on the Thomas Inch Dumbbell in a couple of minutes.

Then, after all of that, someone says "do you wanna 'certify' on somethin?" So you say, "I guess so", and then you CCS a 3.5 out of the package? How many lbs would that affect you? How many lbs. more could you squeeze if you actually prepared for it and were rested?

• Like 1

Burkes a monster, no doubt could do it with some training. The most impressive outing in grip history in my book.

I absolutely suck at thick bar lifting but I would easily beat Burkes if we were hanging from an axle for time.

Kody's 122.7k 2HP in the 93k class on the other hand (the most contested of all grip events) is without equal.

I absolutely suck at thick bar lifting but I would easily beat Burkes if we were hanging from an axle for time.

Kody's 122.7k 2HP in the 93k class on the other hand (the most contested of all grip events) is without equal.

Nice to hear that.

How´s your COC#4?

Think in terms of lbs on the "RGC". Imagine how many lbs you would be down after being in a Strongman contest, and after a Grip contest where you set the world record on the Axle, pulled a bunch of Rolling Thunder reps, held the Silver Bullet to exhaustion, went through a pinch medley, cranked up a wrist roller with a mind-numbing amount of weight, and then pulled dozens of deadlift reps on the Thomas Inch Dumbbell in a couple of minutes.

Then, after all of that, someone says "do you wanna 'certify' on somethin?" So you say, "I guess so", and then you CCS a 3.5 out of the package? How many lbs would that affect you? How many lbs. more could you squeeze if you actually prepared for it and were rested?

I don't know. A lot? Would it be different if I didn't think in terms of RGC?

Edited by Mike Sharkey

Well, Juha I don't think any of us have certified on the #4. How is your 1HP on the Euro going?

Nice to hear that.

How´s your COC#4?

Well, Juha I don't think any of us have certified on the #4. How is your 1HP on the Euro going?

Nice to hear that.

How´s your COC#4?

I got only 48.2kg today, really shame. You should do fresh motivation video for me with bigger weights? It would be something. :whistel

• Like 3

I admit that I have been a slacker lately.

2HP and 1HP World Records (male)

Mikael - 1 WR

Suomi - 3 WR

The plan is to equal Suomi over the next year or so. I need to take both the 1HP and 2HP WR in the 74k class. How difficult can that be?

Edited by Mikael Siversson

Had another look and I am actually already ahead.

2HP and 1HP

Mikael - 2 WR (1HP 83+93k)

Suomi - 1 WR

Having a go at my pinching ability is perhaps malplaced in this context given that I am currently holding more WR's in the pinch than your entire country Juha.

Doesn't necessarily mean a lot Mikael. I think I had/have the most WRs for any one person across multiple weight classes and events (over 20 I believe)....but not much of it was that impressive. It would be hard to say "I'm better than so-and-so" based on any of that no matter who it was, let alone a whole country.

• Like 5

trash talk has no place in grip... the GB is here so that gripsters have the chance to mingle and push each other for everyone's betterment.. isn't that why we post on here and compete; instead of working out alone in a basement?

• Like 5

trash talk has no place in grip... the GB is here so that gripsters have the chance to mingle and push each other for everyone's betterment.. isn't that why we post on here and compete; instead of working out alone in a basement?

Well spoken dude.

Dude, I would love to have a basement to work out in. It's really the only thing that's holding me back from certing the #4 ;)

• Like 1

Guest Squat More

Had another look and I am actually already ahead.

2HP and 1HP

Mikael - 2 WR (1HP 83+93k)

Suomi - 1 WR

Having a go at my pinching ability is perhaps malplaced in this context given that I am currently holding more WR's in the pinch than your entire country Juha.

Yet some utterly BS comment about beating Burke in an Axle hang contest when his legs probably weight more than you do and then turning this into a thing between countries is totally fine.

• Like 2

Some are impressed by outright grip strength whereas others are more impressed by grip strength relative to body size. Using Mr Burke or some of the other pro strongmen as a guide, all climbers have a weak grip. I am not sure they would agree. If you asked these 300lb+ guys to climb a climbing track their grip would let them down.

I thought most of you realised what I was alluding to. Then Mr Juha could not help himself but having a go at my gripper proficiency or lack thereof.

For the record, I have competed in grippers once against David Horne and I placed ahead of him in that event. Does not in itself mean that I am any good at it.

The trash talk between me and Juha goes back years. I quite enjoy it and so does he I am sure, as he implies it helps him in his training.

• Like 1

I don't pay too much attention to the more obscure events but rather grippers, Euro pinch and axle lift. Rampant inflation in the number of events where 'WR's are recorded.

Doesn't necessarily mean a lot Mikael. I think I had/have the most WRs for any one person across multiple weight classes and events (over 20 I believe)....but not much of it was that impressive. It would be hard to say "I'm better than so-and-so" based on any of that no matter who it was, let alone a whole country.

Are you from sweden?

Some are impressed by outright grip strength whereas others are more impressed by grip strength relative to body size. Using Mr Burke or some of the other pro strongmen as a guide, all climbers have a weak grip. I am not sure they would agree. If you asked these 300lb+ guys to climb a climbing track their grip would let them down.

I thought most of you realised what I was alluding to. Then Mr Juha could not help himself but having a go at my gripper proficiency or lack thereof.

For the record, I have competed in grippers once against David Horne and I placed ahead of him in that event. Does not in itself mean that I am any good at it.

The trash talk between me and Juha goes back years. I quite enjoy it and so does he I am sure, as he implies it helps him in his training.

It's 46.2k in the 1HP (current World Records in the 83k and 93k classes).

I have not competed in the 2HP since they introduced the new weight classes. I did 88-something in 2006 at a bodyweight around 85k.

I will probably compete later this year in the 74k class.

There is no representation by Sweden in the WR list for the 2HP so I would like to change that.

I think this has now gone way off topic. My applogies for that.