Log Bar Dimensions

Mephistopholes

So, lately I've been thinking about getting a strongman style log bar. It just looks like a lot of fun, and a good lift for building nasty raw power. I'm not going to get it any time soon, but I'm just considering it right now, and have noticed they usually come in either 10" diameters or 12" diameters.

I figure I could either buy one or have one made, i'm not sure which dimension is "best" or more commonly used, etc...

Does anybody know which diameter log would be better, or is preferred? Or any other relevant comments about log bars?

Thanks

Seems like Tommy's video is starting a trend.

What exactly is the advantage of using a log?

• Like 1

Haha well, it has influenced me, yes. I've wanted one for a while, that just re-ignited my interest.

As i undertand it, its Kind of like lifting a keg, I'm thinking, but easier to load, and somewhat easier to lift. And keg lifting is fun :) The parallel grip hits the pressing muscles differently, and the size of the thing makes it awkward to lift... It's not nice and balance and "liftable" like a barbell, it's awkward and unwieldy and you really gotta power that thing up there. Haha.

Thanks Tommy!

Yeah it looks like a fun, and whole body, lift. When I did keg lifting, I don't know the diameter f that thing, but it was bigger than 12"... It was enormous! To get under it, you had to roll it back on your face. Haha. Definitely added to the challenge... Anyway, I think I'd probably prefer the 12" over the 10".

Anyway, I may have found a good deal on a used log. Not sure what size. In going to check it out this weekend.

Well, that got moved to the next weekend now, but still it'll be cool when I can check it out.