Swiss Bar - Fat Handle

bwwm

Folks,

I'm thinking of getting a Swiss bar for overhead presses, benching, triceps ext., and curls.

I have my eye on this one from Black Widow:

http://www.blackwidowtg.com/product_p/bare-swiss.htm

I'll have him do the fat handles, and I'll spray it myself.

Thoughts?

Martin

Folks,

I'm thinking of getting a Swiss bar for overhead presses, benching, triceps ext., and curls.

I have my eye on this one from Black Widow:

http://www.blackwidowtg.com/product_p/bare-swiss.htm

I'll have him do the fat handles, and I'll spray it myself.

Thoughts?

Martin

I like what I see of Black Widow's products. The Swiss Bars looks great for overhead presses, perhaps as an alternative to palms in standing dumbbell presses.

I like the variable grip, I think it will enable me to work some more of the front ROM, that I haven't with KBs and DBs. It looks a little more wrist friendly to clean and press than an Oly or Axle in my opinion. I could be wrong. I have to admit Tommy's log video got me thinking about this.

• Like 1

That's a good price for a swiss bar. I've used one for benching before and liked it.

He sells on ebay too, maybe a better deal?

Shoggoth has one. Looks like a nice bar.

Mine is a collapsible one my by Ryan Pitts (Strongergrip). I know he'll build them however you want. Adam Glass has one as well.

How do you like it Jason?

I think it's okay but I honestly don't hardly ever use it. I've typically got enough to keep me busy and then in the summer when I get out to do some standing pressing I prefer my log bar or axle.

Certainly looks like a nice piece of equipment, though I really know nothing about the manufacturer... Or the Swiss bar, for that matter. Haha. But it looks nice. If you get it, let us know how it is!

Will do. I'm a nut for overhead pressing. I used to do behind the neck presses all the time when I was young, and it was usually 15-20#'s within my max bench. Which also tells you how bad my bench was.

I have one that I bought from edgefitnessystems.com. He has some great stuff and will do it custom.

• 1 month later...

Just put the order in tonight for the black widow swiss bar. I'm guessing in 2-3 weeks, I'll find out how good it is.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Swiss bar today. Unboxed it and got a break-in workout done. They fabricated it and shipped it sooner than I expected.

Pros: Well constructed! Welds are great. Good surfaces. A great value for the price. The handles are a nice diameter. The inner collars are flush and welded on well. The bar racks nicely too.

Con: Only minor con, was the bar diameter where the weights rest is smaller in diameter than a traditional Oly bar (i.e. I can't use my spring collars). This wasn't mentioned on the website, and I don't care, cuz I like using pinch clamps anyways, but it would have been nice to know.

I got the bare version, so I will be hitting it up with the spray can this weekend.

• Like 1