Derek's Test Day #2

Rick Walker

He closed my new filed double stamped #2-which is much harder than my old single stamped one-got pics.

He then got my PDA 387 down to a few pennies if that-got pics.

I will test tomorrow and see how much closer I am on the BBE. This @$%^#&* Inch has got my attention!

He is gaining like a runaway train! The #3 in only 4 weeks of training? Maybe!

Rick Walker :rock

Awesome progress... I'm so damn jealous! Keep the progress reports coming.

L.J.

Well don't give all your attention to the Inch because your blobs are here and they are calling your name. Rick, Rick, Oh Ricky you can't lift me. I had to put them in the shed they are keeping me up talking about you all night. Playing aside I will bring them to you next Friday the 25th. Do you want me to cut the handle off? I just bought some new blades and I could use the workout. Oh yes Tommy close the #4 and I will mail yours to you. :mosher

Derek great job! I hope to witness your closing of the #3.

Steve-

Your the man!! :bow:bow

Next Friday sounds great! Let me know a time so I can be sure I am home. Also-PM me the amount I owe you man!

If you could, cut the handles off. But it doesnt matter of you dont have the time.

I am finally getting a BLOB! WHOOO HOOO :mosher

Damn kids...I wish i would of known about the COC grippers 10 years ago when I was 16. I would be closin a World Class by now. :bow:tongue

I wish I had them 20 years ago when I was 16!!! ;)

Rick, watch out, the protege may soon pass the teacher. :whistel

(Grab it from my hand, Grasshopper!)

So am I the youngest guy on the gripboard at 26 years of age ?

I'm 25... I just got my COC's this week... i can barely close the #1 in my right and can't in my left. Pretty humbling but I know I just need to keep working at it.

I'm 25... I just got my COC's this week... i can barely close the #1 in my right and can't in my left. Pretty humbling but I know I just need to keep working at it.

Did you get the KTA Program yet.

I went from not being able to close the # 1 six weeks ago to only being 1/4 of an inch away from closing my # 2.

I can also to a 10 second overcrush on my # 1 now thanks to Wanna and KTA. Best 20 bucks i've ever spent.

I am 21 :whistel:cool

I agree, KTA is great, especially for a beginner. You can also use the principles in KTA and modify it to your needs and other strength training.

Gripboard members Youngguy and Younggun were both 15? when they were CoC certified. Youngguy closed my #3 for me last year at NASM in St Louis. They posted regularly last year, haven't heard from either of them in a while. My 38 years is out of the running.

25 here as well-my step-son is 17.

I truly hope he does surpass me-I would love to see him be the youngest to do things like close a #4 :D That would be AWESOME!!

I just have to keep reminding myself that he is a long way from hitting my powerlifting numbers :happy !

Besides-the best way to tell how one teaches is too look at the accomplishments of their students? Right?

I am a darn good gripper coach :mosher

I learn from my son. His form on everything except thickbar is better than mine. Back always straight no swinging or cheating. He is like I was at one time in that if he fails to do a certain weight or reps, he will take a break and then do more weight or reps than he had just failed with!

I learn from Derek-I learn that I have to keep training hard or he will pass me up! I am not going to let that happen till I am old and grey! :D

My two year old son thinks that the grippers are his toys and does not like for anyone to touch them unless he can select the gripper, hand it to me, then take it back.

Recently he handed each gripper to me in order from the trainer to the number 4. I still do not understand how he knows the order of the grippers.