Quality Workouts

nrw125

Hey, today was my worst workout in a while. I've been getting the #2 to 4 or 5mm consistently, but today it was more around 9 or 10mm. I also tried to knock out some pullups on metolius rock rings, working the open finger strength. Reps and hang time were down also :dry . I attribute this to poor sleep the last couple of days (3 1/2 hrs last night) and not fully recovering because of this. Anyone else noticed things that'll send their grip workouts down the tubes?

Any advice, suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks-Nick

Edited by nrw125

I strongly believe that when it comes to lifting; nutrition, recuperation, and cycling your workout should never be taken for granted. If you never break those key conponents, then you will certainly continue to make gains.

L.J.

Edited by HandsofStone

my grippin goes up and down alot. usually sucks in the mornin, and gits better towards the evenin. and i mean up and down ALOT. sometimes within a few hours even.

i usually have best grip after day or two off, and after liftin or ridein 4-wheeler. seems the vibration helps git the blood flowin.

You won't be 100% all of the time. Getting enough rest does play a part in the whole factor of strength. I'm guessing your next workout will be a lot different.

:) I agree with you lack of sleep, over-training, poor eating habits, daily stress of whatever kind can affect your training. I suggest getting a good rest and eating well for a few days then see how you do. I think it happens to most its almost like a cycle. Funny though that you brought up the subject because I felt that way too last night and today. I did a little but it wasn't there, so I told myself forget it. I will just rest and let my body tell me when its ready again. The does has its own wisdom so use "body-feel" as a guideline.

I guess that some days are just better than others. I've got a lot of full body aches and pains some days, almost done healing from a nasty accident in February. I guess painkillers aren't to helpful with training progress either :D. It's a good story, I think I'm gonna submit to Wannagrip at the cyberpump site in a couple days.

Nick

Tip No 1: train at the same time

Tip 2: rest and make ready.

Tip 3: eat right.

Tip 4: mental prep. You've read about in the mags. It works - see yourself kicking serious butt - talk it up, read it in your training diary, watch a Grip video. BE READY!

Tip5: coffee, strong with perhaps a little carb powder or maltodextrin or glucose and creatine added

Time to ROCK!

Other tips: train for a competion or event/seminar/AOBS-OHF/To become a CoC

All of what Mobster said.

Also, I would try not to be too worried about just one bad workout as long as the overall trend is upwards. These things happen - and I have often found that if I have a bad week and yet stay in the saddle and train (even at a lower intensity) it does more good than taking a few extra rest days. Your body likes to keep doing what it's doing - I would only recommend taking time off if it becomes a serious problem (ie. more than a week of poor training).

Edited by The Mac

Just keep nailing its Ass :D

So long as you do the best you can on that particular day,you can,t ask yourself todo any more than its capable on the day,even if its LBS/KILOS less than you have done in the past,just keep on chompin at the bit :D