Atomic Athletic Shot Loading Blob

HandsofStone

I was just at Atomicathletic.com and came across there shot loading blob. It weighs 10 lbs. empty and 20-25 lbs. full, depending on what you use to fill it up. There's also an eyebolt driven into it as well to add more weight. I wanted to ask around to get some peoples' thoughts on the device. Go check it out.

L.J.

$100.00???? Wow, I'm look'in around for an old motor, similar to

Rick Walker's!!! ;)

Inexpensive.........but efficent! :D

Edited by Gripintime2

Come on now, someones got to know something about it or know someone else who's talked about it.

I too have noticed this "loadable blob" on thier website. I've never been one to rip on a product but....

My opinion: worthless. (for block wieght training)

Fully loaded ='s 25lbs. thats not heavy enough. It should go to at least 50lbs. Its cheaper to buy a dumbell and a hacksaw to achieve the weight needed.

If you are going to use it as a " blob" or block wieght forget it, 25lbs. is a beginners weight. You'll be tossing it like it's nothing in no time.

Now I have to give credit where credit is due. They are the first to come up with a loadable blob and the consept is outstanding. I bet they could make it bigger to achieve a greater weight. :bow

-HH

I emailed Atomicathletic a while ago about making a loadable blob of the dimensions of a york 50 pounder. They were not interested.

Hi Not interested is not entirely true. We could easily do the 6 incher as a blob, but I think it will be too big for just about anyone's hand. You can also see it in the Gallery section. The guy lifiting it is Dr. Ken. Yes, that forearm with the really cool tats is Docs'.

Live strong,

Roger

We will actually do any size kettlebell head with just the eyebolt sticking out, if anyone is interested. You would have to call about it. We have never done that. Just a tip, we can do bigger heads than 10 inches. How big do you want to go? For example, I quoted Pat P. on an 18 incher for stone lift type training.

What would be useful for the blob lifters, would be a hollow shot loadable form the size and shape of the York 50 lb. blob. The eyebolt is not needed unless that is what is removed to add weight.

Oldguy

I have been working on getting an adjustable blob made,i should have it by the end of next week at the latest.

I have 2 comeing,one the size and shape of the original 6" wide,like the one at safe usa,but hopefully heavier than 50lbs,and the other one will be same shape as the safe usa one but loadable.

This is ofcoarse if they turn out as i have asked them to be.

one the size and shape of the original 6" wide,like the one at safe usa

The Blob at Safe-USA isn't 6" wide, but the apparently more recent York cast sloping to 5.5"

BC.

Old guy,

Take your 50 lb blob to a local high school metal shop class.

Tell them you'll buy the material if they can shape something hollow just like it.

Could fill it up with lead shot?or have an eye hole at the bottowm to hook up to a loading pin.

The metal shop at the H.S chool here in town has done some outrageous and very professional projects.

I'd have one of my friends(many of them weld and do fabrication) make a loadable blob- but i don't have a 50#Blob..so i'm afraid -without the exact model-I'd end up with the wrong device.

For myself, I am first going to try small powerful magnets. I have orderd some online. Another idea is to drill and tap a small hole in my 40 pound blob and be able to connect a small pin for my 1 1/4 pound on up plates. If I can lift a 40 with 10 or so added pounds. I should be ready for a 45 and so on.

Brian

I dont no were i got 6"wide from :blush O well,it will just be a little harder to lift.

I always thought that the originals were a 1/2 inch wider than the

others.

O-well it will be 4"across the top to 6" across the middle,should be a challenge for Jim then :D

The dimentions and shape were taken offof my 50lbs blob,but i told him to make it 4" across the top and 6" in the middle,it will also be the same profile on both sides making it harder still,as my blob is not as pronounes on the side were the handle was.

Dont no what to paint it with yet.

Also might get a brass plate sunk into it on the top were you have york,i might get GAZZA and the exact weight it ends up bein engraved on the brass plate.

The loadable one will be the same diamentions but i havent decided how to load it yet,i have 3-4 different ideas i can try.

I always thought that the originals were a 1/2 inch wider than the others.

Gary, I think you're right- there are Blobs that slope out to 6" across. I was just saying that the Blob at Safe-USA isn't one of them.

I wish that I could make 1/10th of the equipment you make. Loved the pics you sent me before!

BC.

Brian

Thanks for the compliment.

I read in Wannas old post about the grip sindicate and there was mention of Steve Weiners blob being 6" wide and then about Wade saying that these blobs were slightly harder.

Without this board i would not have had 1/2 the ideas i have now for grip stuff,i am lucky enough to have a friend who is the shop works forman of an Engineering company,i take my ideas to him,we look at them,he then if possible does them for me,i in return,do work on his house,patio laying,drains all sorts of other grond work and a bit of turfing.

I did want to be the 1st to make a blob that was wider,maybe 6.25"/6.5| wide,but i thought that it might be too wide since a lot of people find the standard blob wide enough.

I dont really like copying things,but feel that since this blob will hopefully come out a touch heavier and is made of solid steel instead of being cast it will be a little different.

I just need to put a bit of hard graft into my training now to give all me toys a good testing :D

John

I would have thought that with your monstrous 9 Incher :D that a 6" wide blob would be no probs.

Also don t forget that when you jump from a 40pounder plus added weight ,when you try the 45lbs blob it is not just heavier but nearly the size of the 50lbs blob.

Gazza, I figure that I will have to be able to lift the 40 lb blob plus at least 10 lbs before I can get a 45 to budge from the floor. I am also going to practice lifting it across the face, which is wider. Any news from Baraban Robert?