Titans Telegraph Key Training

Patrik_F

I have done some TTK training with KTA recently. My best weight so far has been 20 kgs for a few sets, two 10 kg weights. That is two-handed.

I read that Joe Kinney also used a homemade pincher, the one showed in his video. He claimed that he used as much as 100 lbs. Ofcourse his device was probably easier, the handles were spaced much more narrow than TTK.

I dont really know how to progress on the TTK, I seem to get my best results on it when I havent trained on it for a whole week or even two weeks.

I am interested in hearing your best weights with TTK, I got scared when I heared Kinneys 100 lbs :tongue

Patrik,

I have a TTK and use it once or twice a week in my grip workouts. I use one hand at a time and work up to around 20 to 25 pounds for low reps. I think it's a great machine and offers variety when it comes to pinch-grip training. I had a quick question for you though, when you use two hands at the same time, how do you position your hands and arms? I'd like to try the two-handed method sometime. When I do these, I keep my thumb on top and fingers on the bottom of the handle. I experimented with these once and performed them every day for two weeks. I made good progress during this time. Now, I just like to do them twice a week, usually on a Monday and then Thursday. I have made very good progress using this twice-a-week method.

Yes, thumbs on top is how I do it with two hands. The reason for doing it with two hands is to save time. I have also tried negatives that Joe Kinney did, press down with both hands and then release with one hand and hold with the other.

Have you worked out long with the TTK? Are you good at pinching? My pinching is OK as long as the implement isnt wide.