Over-crush Your Gripper With Plasticine.

GotAGrip

And here is another amazing use for simple Plasticine I found. Hope it's some use to someone.

Place a small amount of plasticine on one handle of the gripper, on the inside near the bottom. You don't want any of it overlapping the sides otherwise your hand will just interfere with it. This will give you much more power on the crush at the end, helping you to move up grippers.

Obviously, don't do this on a brand new expensive gripper incase it leaves a mark on it (it hasn't damaged my CoC, but be careful with new, shiny ones). I apologise if someone has mentioned this before.

Here is a picture of it.

post-23116-0-92348900-1358782697_thumb.j

• Like 1

And here is another amazing use for simple Plasticine I found. Hope it's some use to someone.

Place a small amount of plasticine on one handle of the gripper, on the inside near the bottom. You don't want any of it overlapping the sides otherwise your hand will just interfere with it. This will give you much more power on the crush at the end, helping you to move up grippers.

Obviously, don't do this on a brand new expensive gripper incase it leaves a mark on it (it hasn't damaged my CoC, but be careful with new, shiny ones). I apologise if someone has mentioned this before.

Here is a picture of it.

Cool idea. A nice alternative to filing a gripper.

• Like 1

Cool idea, man. Actually pretty similar to strap holds, minus the weight...

This kind of stuff is always more productive than just closing grippers, in my opinion.

Very interesting. I have some old grip putty of varying density wonder how that would work.

Different, this may be a good alternative to filing

Different, this may be a good alternative to filing

It definitely works well, I was using it last night on my little pinch-grip grippers (actually just a coiled spring collar from my barbell)... and it definitely made the exercise A LOT tougher.

I found a few more uses for plasticine last night - I will post it later. It's a vital tool in the grip arsenal in my opinion.

Hope the technique benefits you.

Im swedish, I dont understand what "plasticine" is :) Please tell me :)

Looks like playdough that my children plays with hahaha

Im swedish, I dont understand what "plasticine" is :) Please tell me :)

Looks like playdough that my children plays with hahaha

That's the stuff lol. You can use anything of that nature - putty, playdough, bluetac. The stuff I have is pretty tough to crush, maybe because it has dried out a bit or something.

• Like 1

If you don't have any plasticine or similar materials - you can always use a bit of cake, strapped precariously on the inside of your grippers.....

..... make sure you make a video, and show me how it goes ;)