Different Versions Of Mm Replicas?

bdckr

How many different versions of the MM replicas are there?

Got an order a few weeks back from Cannon PowerWorks which included an MM1 and an MM2 replica. Each of these had the bottom of one handle blank, the other with either "M1" or "M2". Compared it to the other MM replicas I have and those have "MM" on the bottom of one handle, with a "1" or "2" on the other.

On a side note, they rated lower than I expected, too, 151 for the MM1, 157 for the MM2. Curious to know if these are anomalies or part of a trend?

I can confirm a few things.

Warren has multiple spring suppliers now, and others that have come and gone through the years. Almost everything I got from him in Sept and Oct was lighter than the norm. Now they are basically back to what is expected.

With the stamps, the replicas "should" be a blank handle and then M3 or whatever on the other. Warren gets a little crazy with these though. I have one right now that is M on one side and M6 on the other. Another has M4 on both handles. Sometimes a W sneaks in there orientated like an M. You get the point.

I can confirm a few things.

Warren has multiple spring suppliers now, and others that have come and gone through the years. Almost everything I got from him in Sept and Oct was lighter than the norm. Now they are basically back to what is expected.

With the stamps, the replicas "should" be a blank handle and then M3 or whatever on the other. Warren gets a little crazy with these though. I have one right now that is M on one side and M6 on the other. Another has M4 on both handles. Sometimes a W sneaks in there orientated like an M. You get the point.

Thanks, good to know.

I have one of two known 1W stamped M1 rated @159 ...sorry for the giant photo. I took it and uploaded it years ago before I learned about resizing.

gallery_19587_1236_69722.jpg

• Like 1

Rich - aren't MM1's supposed to be significantly higher than 150's?

Edited by bwwm
  • Like 1

159# from his post.

Yeah - sorry - I missed that and tried to correct it. You got me before I could fix it. :ph34r:

I would say an ideal MM1 replica is 159.

MM2 164.

MM3 183.

MM4 186

I think there is another thread with numbers for the rest.

Thanks Matt for setting me straight. I have an BB Elite that I'm trying to close - it's about 165. Good to know it has enough mileage to get me in range of a MM2.