Genetic : Wrist Size

Mous TACHU

Hi everybody,

I'm new on the board, i regularly train whit ironmind's cocs and i'm able to close my #2 w/ right hand, and i'm a few mms away whith the left.

I closed the #1 after a month of (very) hard training.

My question : do you think that a very small wrist (less than 6"1/4 in my case; 15,8cm) will prevent me from closing the #3 ??

Does every captain of crush had gorilla wrists ?? :-)

(im 5'10, 166).

I received my #3 today and i closed it to the parallel

Mous

Hi Mous and welcome aboard ! ;):D

Your progress clearly shows that you have the right genetic to close the #3. What matters now is the "will" to do it, so go for it !

Barring the extremes, I think most folks could close the #3 with the proper training and attitude.

All things are in walking distance, given the right amount of time.

You've got to first understand something. It's not your genetics, wrist size, hand length/ width, and all that other hogwash. It's your MIND that wil take you there! If you have that deep down burining desire to succeed then its not a matter of will you do it, its when will you do it.

LJ

my wrists are 6.5', and they are bigger now than when I started (!).

congrats on the #2

GO FOR IT

train hard

david

Joe Kinney closed the # 4 at 177 pounds body weight.

Very small guy compared to just about everyone else on the gripboard.

So no, size does not matter. It's all about dedication and using what God gave you to the best of your ability.

btw...Welcome to the Grip Board.

This has been discussed before - most of the Captains of Crush are large to very large men, with larger than average hands. This is because most of them are lifters, which of course gives more size than average. So hand size (and, IMO, overall body size) is definitely a factor in becoming a COC.

However, I don't think that small wrists alone will stop you from becoming a COC.

As for your mind being the main factor in achieving a goal, I agree. However, to say genetics do not play a role is quite deceptive.

Edited by The Mac

My hands are 7" and my wrists are 7,5". I'm 5'7".

Don't worry about measurements adn work extra-hard.

Anyone who can do the #2 can do the #3.

Mous, are you french speaking ? If so, let me know as I speak french as my main language

If not, your name is, in french, a mustach (the hairy thing above the upper lip).

cool, the french-speaking grip community counts yet another member!

bienvenue!

david

ps: lyon n'est pas tres loin de la Suisse :)

He he David, je penses qu'il est temps d'organiser notre petit meeting non ? J'ai quelques amis sur Paris qui font des grippers mais c'est vrai qu'ils ne font pas grand chose d'autre... :D

Moi ca me démange en tout cas ! :)

Translation:

David, i think it's high time to organize our little comp, don't you think ? I have a few friends in Paris that train with grippers but it's true that they tend to do nothing else...

As for me i am itching to do it !

Amaury.