Certified As A Coc

Adam Black

Well I have arrived! I officially mashed the #3 yesterday in front of the Ironmind witness. I mailed in my signed certification form today and emailed my bio and pics to Randy Strossen. Held off on posting this until I had heard back from him, which I just did. Woohoo!

I first closed the #3 back on 2/16. The next day I was in the ER with severe stomach pains. (I had been getting these attacks for months.)

Anyway, turned out I had gall stones and needed surgery. So after a week in the hospital and several weeks on a forced layoff I was able to resume my training. My strength had dipped with the layoff and the weight loss from the hospital stay. It took me several weeks to build back up to closing it. It was the longest few weeks in my 52 week run for the #3. At any rate, I am back to closing it. In fact I am grinding it now.

Now that I have reached my goal it's time for a change. I will work to maintain the crushing strength but will focus on pinching. I pulled a pair of 25's the other day and will be working towards my interim goal of a pair of 35's.

Here are some links to a few shots of me mashing the #3!

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Incidentally, KTA is what pushed me over the edge. When I started KTA I has been stuck at 1/8th for months.

Congrats! I'll be making arrangements with my witness for this weekend. See you in MILO!

You now join the ranks! :rock

Again-I must point out the HUGE number of GripBoard members that will be in the June Milo-up to 7?

Rick Walker :rock

I was told by ironmind that the cutoff for appearing in the june Milo was up a couple of weeks ago because this is when it had to go to print in order to be ready for delivery in time. Way to go it sucks about the hospital thing though!

Edited by JeffPeterson

congrats on your achievement, but mostly for keeping at it after what you went through.

Thanks all.

Gripper,

Thanks. I have a buddy who is a photography buff. He has a 5 megapixel camera that he used to take those pictures. We had to experiment with flash and distances a little. But it didn't take long to find the sweet spot. Especially using all the good photo advice I've picked up on this board.

I think the 4 is really world class. I don't know that I am in that league. Perhaps someday I'll give it a try.

Congrats Adam !

Like Rick said, the grip board's representation on the next Milo issue is going to be considerable. We'll be hitting the 50 COCs on this board before next year if things keep going like this.

Congrats man.... You took on adversity and bitch slapped it!!!

LJ

Congrats to you, Adam! Way to go!! :bow:rock