A New Stupid Human Trick, Turkish Get Up With The Inch Dumbbell

AdamTGlass

Besides the difficulty from the actual resistance, the thick handle and rotation makes this incredibly hard. Unlike a KB or BB, the thumb is stressed to the utmost stopping it from crashing down.

Maybe a two-four more days and I believe I can get full reps up and down.

• Like 6

Holy crap! That is strooong, Adam. And a little crazy :) .

Tom

Amazing!!!

For people who don't TGU often - there is a tremendous amount of core strength needed just to get the first shoulder off the ground, and a tremendous amount of strength in the other shoulder to get up on the elbow in the second step. The most I know of done was a vid on youtube with 185# Oly bar,

What could possibly be next???

WOW!!!

Question to ponder here: Is there another human as strong as Adam Glass in overall strength from

head to toe when the hands are the connecting link to the feat?

if you know of a candidate or have someone in mind please share their name here and give a comparison

if it's anywhere close to Adam's.

WOW!!!

Question to ponder here: Is there another human as strong as Adam Glass in overall strength from

if you know of a candidate or have someone in mind please share their name here and give a comparison

That's a very good point - I don't think I have ever heard of somebody attempting to TGU an Inch db before.

Having said that, maybe Durniat will do it next ;)

WOW!!!

Ummm...I am thinking of a Russian who has already proven himself even at a much lighter weight. Ivan. You know his name. Also Durniat may be ~15 lbs heavier but he's a freak in darn near everything he does. Adam is too. Unless you're the Don King to Adam maybe leave the world's best internet challenge to him. I hate to see these Kinney style forum posts. I think they're causing me retinal damage.

Anyways, an Inch TGU is redonkulous. Pretty sure I will never first hand understand the difficulty of the feat.

I hate to see these Kinney style forum posts. I think they're causing me retinal damage.

I bet Adam trained high volume severe negatives to be able to do prepare for this feat... there is no other way. ;P

Seriously though, congratulations on such a feat... What's next... ballistic moves?!?!

I think if he gets the TGU down, then he'll go for the Inch DB clean and press!!!

WOW!!!

Ummm...I am thinking of a Russian who has already proven himself even at a much lighter weight. Ivan. You know his name. Also Durniat may be ~15 lbs heavier but he's a freak in darn near everything he does. Adam is too. Unless you're the Don King to Adam maybe leave the world's best internet challenge to him. I hate to see these Kinney style forum posts. I think they're causing me retinal damage.

Anyways, an Inch TGU is redonkulous. Pretty sure I will never first hand understand the difficulty of the feat.

I think I know what you mean here Daniel but just for clarification I wasn't issuing a challenge.

I was asking a question to be pondered and considered. Big difference! ;)

Edited by Mighty Joe

You asked for a "candidate" and credentials bro. Kind of a mixed message then eh. ;)

• Like 1

During a visit on Jan 14 ,2011 to our facility World Highland Games champion Matt Vincent not only did the 172lb. Inch replica (lifted by Mark Henry in his Clean and Press at the AOBS in 2002 )in the Turkish getup style also did a getup with 178lb Olympic masters Olympic weightlifting champ Shane Miller held in his hand for resistance. There were YouTube and facebook videos circulating for a while now of both feats. I think my son Bert reposted the live weight lift using the 178 lb. gentleman on the Sorinex Facebook site. Matt weighs about 270 so the feat being duplicated by Adam or Andrew is highly meritorious. Thanks for asking. R.Sorin

• Like 3

WOW!!!

Nick McKinless comes to mind as another great all-rounder with a good grip, at a similar size.

I hate to see these Kinney style forum posts. I think they're causing me retinal damage.

I bet Adam trained high volume severe negatives to be able to do prepare for this feat... there is no other way. ;P

Seriously though, congratulations on such a feat... What's next... ballistic moves?!?!

LOL! Turkish get downs haha!

Anyway, such weight in such a compact form and having to control that. People who not train cannot comprehend how difficult this is. Very cool.

During a visit on Jan 14 ,2011 to our facility World Highland Games champion Matt Vincent not only did the 172lb. Inch replica (lifted by Mark Henry in his Clean and Press at the AOBS in 2002 )in the Turkish getup style also did a getup with 178lb Olympic masters Olympic weightlifting champ Shane Miller held in his hand for resistance. There were YouTube and facebook videos circulating for a while now of both feats. I think my son Bert reposted the live weight lift using the 178 lb. gentleman on the Sorinex Facebook site. Matt weighs about 270 so the feat being duplicated by Adam or Andrew is highly meritorious. Thanks for asking. R.Sorin

Richard - can you share a link? I'd love to check out this video. I just did a search for Matt Vincent and turkish getup, and all I could find was some weird dance stuff :shutup:.

You asked for a "candidate" and credentials bro. Kind of a mixed message then eh. ;)

Ooooookay!

Ooooookay!

I wonder about you sometimes Daniel as if you're trying to police the board.

There's no rules that prohibit questions here. :tongue

Here's a quick look at the difference between a challenge® and a candidate:

http://www.merriam-w...=0&t=1351652291

I'm asking a question of comparison (hence, candidate), not a calling out of challengers.

That would be Adams choice to issue a challenge.

I still fail to get your retina analogy. Why does this bother you?

No offense! I just call them as I see them! ;)

Edited by Mighty Joe

I wrote a reply but it was lost when I accidentally clicked on a link. Now my attention is fading. It's probably for the best.

BTW, 5a. That's exactly the challenge I saw. It was a dare to compare challenge. Not so much the 5b you refer to.

PM me if you want me to answer your questions. I have a few thoughts I don't mind sharing for sake of conversation.

I can't hold my arm up that steady when I'm empty handed, let alone full of elephant tusk or t-rex thighbone or whatever the hell that dumbbell handle is made of.

Well done sir.

awesome attempt man I have to give that a try somewtime with my saxon dumbbell at the 172 mark see how well it goes!