Ohf Dinner

Bill Piche

The MDB looks like a giant, awesome job

Steve, you pick it up with such ease :ohmy

Matt

Awesome job both guys. Just like at the AOBS dinner. The GripBoard guys stole the show!

Steve's new sub-title is well deserved!

:bow

The size of the Millennium dumbbell is staggering. A 50 lb blob is huge. But each globe of the millennium is over 110 lbs. Steve tried to find a way to use his tie, but gave up on that when he realized it would choke him!

:bow

yes they are huge kinda like a couple of bowling balls

filled with lead and a thick bar inbetween

Matt

PS Would be nice to have a MDB to add to my collection

of Grip toys :blink

Wow!! I didn't think I'd lifted the Inch that high - almost chest height with my knees bent. I thought I'd got it to my waist and I was the one lifting it!! Video or Gazza - I cannot make my mind up which to marry first!!

I appear to be taking my time getting ready cos I needed a little help from the crowd being there.

Next year no tie and if the Inch is there I'll go higher!

Thanks to Wanna and Gazza for making my day.

PS Would be nice to have a MDB to add to my collection

of Grip toys :blink

Send large amounts of cash and it will be done!

I think you were doing a bentover row with the Inch! Next time it will be an upright row. After that a clean.

It LOOKS like that but it didn't feel like that. If Alan Radley would get his finger out and start training for it again he'd do it easily. Its not something I practise and I thought I'd just see how high I could get it which is why I thought it was just above the waist. Now if I could dip...

Very much so. But we only had, I'd hazard a guess, a little over 30 minutes (45 max) and I'd been playing with the 300 ip gripper, Richard Vizor brought out some ironmind stuff (heavy hammer and the new pinch block et al) and we didn't start the serious stuff until 1130 (2330) at night. With only just getting the blob it got tiring very, very quickly. Even then I lifted it between 5 and 7 times. I took a certain amount of brag-worthy pleasure from trying to show those that were straining to lift it how it was done. Modest me :blink

Steve-

:bow Outstanding lift! Your dominance of the thick bar is mind blowing! In formal wear-no less! :bow

I have a question for you though. No disrespect is meant at all and I am in no way, shape, or form trying to take anything away from your lift.

I noticed you had the bell against your forearm-this would obviously stop the roatation right?

Is this an okay thing to do? I only ask cause my Inch will be here soon and I need to know what is considered a good lift and I need every advantage I can get!

Again-no disrespect-the lift was Awesome and you are the Thick Bar Daddy!

Rick Walker :rock

Yes it stops rotation and as just me and Mr (every body calls him Mr) Henry can do the MDB its a 'good' lift. However, much discussion took place re the Inch previously and it was agreed that as a true test of grip level and without the forearm touching is best.

I'd suggest its a nice way to get conifident with the new toy when it arrives and over time you'll get it 100%. Check out the first OHF movie for the oldguy approved Inch lifting method ;)

Thanks Steve!

Does seem like a very good way to train with it-it will be a long time before I can hoist it without bracing (or WITH bracing :blink )

How much $$ are we talking to get a MDB to the states?

Thanks Steve!

Does seem like a very good way to train with it-it will be a long time before I can hoist it without bracing (or WITH bracing :blink )

How much $$ are we talking to get a MDB to the states?

If you and Emsquared get together it'll be roughly (I just quoted him $700.00 for one) $500-$600.00 approx each.

A little rich for my blood right now. :whacked

I will keep that in mind though!

A little rich for my blood right now. :whacked

I will keep that in mind though!

This from Mr 'I'll pay anything for those grippers!' he he

Not really-I bowed out-some one else has the highest bid now!

I am more interested in my RB grippers! I can always search for someone with silver crushes-I will have them one day.

$700 is a big chunk of change for a door stopper right now. In a few years when my grip strength is better and I am toying with the inch-I may reconsider.

Steve

It was a pleasure to be there mate,courtescy of your good self and Richard i had a great timeTHANKS LADS :D

Now your gettin a little payback for your efforts :bow

Your the king of the MDB,but you had to surrender the UK blob crown to the UK blob king Jim Wylie :D

You both made the Inch Replica look easy :rock

Twas a great dinner with some outstanding lifting at the end of the night,i even came away with a signed sweatshirt from

Sven Karlson :cool

A BIGGGG thanks to BILL for puttin the video clips together :rock

This place realy is the place for outstanding Photos and videos of the greatest "GRIP ATHLETES" on the planet,and as people often point out and rightly so,is free!!!

Were else can you go for such,Knowledge and Inspiration on GRIP :rock

I dont think that the MDB,INCH BLOB lifting would have looked as good,without video,photos dont seem to capture the atmosphere as well :D

Steve

It was a pleasure to be there mate,courtescy of your good self and Richard i had a great timeTHANKS LADS :D

Now your gettin a little payback for your efforts :bow

Your the king of the MDB,but you had to surrender the UK blob crown to the UK blob king Jim Wylie :D

You both made the Inch Replica look easy :rock

Twas a great dinner with some outstanding lifting at the end of the night,i even came away with a signed sweatshirt from

Sven Karlson :cool

It was the least I could do after your help with the Scanner.

For those of you who don't know my scanner glass was broken (by my bloody cat!!) and quick as u like a brand new one is popped in the post by Gazza. He's currently out of work and wanted to go to the OH so...

Another muscle mobster had 2 tickets and his mate dropped so he said one was going for some 'deserving person' and ta da, quick as ya like, Gary could go to the ball!!

Truly great demonstrations of strength! Very inspiring!