Deadlift Do Apollon Axle Ironmind New Woman World Record Gaiduchenko L

Kashtan

What was the weight? Was bar, and all plates weighed? I found that plates even good quality vary quite a bit from face amount shown. I have used some of the same brand name plates used in the picture and the large plates varied as much as a pound each light. Men's DO record lift was weighed along with the axle and any collars used. This might be something to consider if someone is attempting to break a record by a small about over the previous best listed. Normal barbell plates by manufactures standards vary 2-4% ( plus or minus face weight) Anyway, seemed like a smooth lift good to see people going after it! R. Sorin

Richard, to add to what you said, I have plates that vary as much as 10%. I don't own a single 45# plate that is less than 45.5# and one actually weighs 48.5#. On a smaller scale I have four 5s that all at least weight 5.5#. At least being heavy at home is good come comp day.

What are they wiping the bar off with? It does not appear to be a dry cloth but some kind of wipe? Legal? Very strong lift though.

Hoffman at York always they gave you a bit extra for the money. In the last 32 years of grip and business I find the cheaper the plate is made with the least amount of machining usually weigh the heaviest but, the more precise and larger companies many times loose weight by machining and if millions of pounds are made being a few ounces under on each plate but within tolerance could save millions of dollars over many years of production. I wonder at times if companies make 20 kilo plates in the same mold as a 45 but just change the inset cast amount and write it off as "within industry tolerance", I weighed a plate the other day( Tuesday) that was 9.4 lbs over it's face weight! R. Sorin

Mr. Sorin, calibrated discs, then they comply weight, I personally discovered this, because when I weighed the construction of RT, and it (the design) does not make up the weight of 500-800 grams, but: the tournament was by the sea on the terrace, there was slope and the balance understated weight by 1%.

The same Lyudmila Gaiduchenko set a new world record for the RT 3 hours before. 78 kg. 172 lbs.

RT weighed repeatedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiNRmp4GucE&list=UUJxOlKHrzi1812kPnmLS69A&index=2&feature=plcp

http://www.ironworld.ru/news/132491/

Full results here.

http://www.forum.powerlifting.org.ua/download/file.php?id=11503

http://www.ironworld.ru/club/getfile/?hash=1c679ed852877d60b0ba01c6a95a954e

Still asking .....were the weights and bar weighed an a certified scale? What does everyone count the IM axle as weighing?If I recall it is 33 and a fraction pounds on the one we recd . R. Sorin

Still asking .....were the weights and bar weighed an a certified scale? What does everyone count the IM axle as weighing?If I recall it is 33 and a fraction pounds on the one we recd . R. Sorin

Weighing just finished construction axle with disks and locks were not. But it is known that the weight of 15.3 kg axle, clamps (two) 5 kg and the disc consistent par, as previously they were weighed.

However, confirm the entire structure is not weighed, there was no such scales.

Great pull!

Thanks Amy!

Nice pull!

I just weighed two of my 45's the other night. One came in at 48 and change. It's twin was 46 and change. So on average if my plates were +2#'s, 405 could easily hit 421#. I need to weight them all though, cuz I suspect some are under 45.

http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Articles/2012/Oct/Rolling_Thunder-Womenxs_World_Record_Obliterated.html

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Rolling Thunder: Women’s World Record Obliterated

by Randall J. Strossen, Ph.D. | ©2012 IronMind

IronMind has just completed its review of the top women’s lifts on the Rolling Thunder at the 2nd Armlifting World Championships and it’s official: Ludmila Gaiduchenko now holds the Rolling Thunder women’s world record at 77.2 kg.

Ludmila Gaiduchenko (Urkraine) demolished the women's world record in the Rolling Thunder at the 2nd World Armlifting Championships. Photo courtesy of WAA/Andrey Sharkov.

In an epic battle of grip strength, Ludmila Gaiduchenko went back and forth with Irina Postnikova and the old record of 69.25 kg (held by Jaana Tanner) was repeatedly eclipsed by the Ukrainian pair.

Gaiduchenko succeeded with 78 kg (which weighed 77.2 kg); and when Postnikova narrowly missed 78.5 kg (face value), the duel ended . . . for now.

Stay tuned—80 kg cannot be far off!