Musclebells - Input Needed!

mightyjoe

My son Cody is in the process of starting his own custom fabrication business where

he'll specialize in making dumbbells of many different types with made to order handle dimensions,

cylinder dimensions, loadable and fixed weight.

The input he's needing from you guys is handle diameters that you'd be most interested in using

for your training. Cody plans on becoming a sponsor here at the GB where he'll proudly make and sell

his MuscleBells!!!

Other DB's in planning are eccentric DB's were the handles are off center from the cylinders. Many other ideas in the works as well.

So let's see some #'s here for handle diameters, weights, cylinder diameters, etc.. Whatever you have

in mind throw it out there. We'll be taking notes.

The BEST news will be the pricing!!! For example, a MuscleBell of similar dimensions as an Inch of the same

weight will be half or less than what's currently available.

The time frame will be some time next year as he's buying his equipment a piece at a time and as he finds deals.

He's buying a nice mig welder from a friend at the end of this month. I just bought a cut-off wheel and a torch set.

Many other tools we'll need to do this right and make quality pieces at an affordable price.

Thanks for any and all input!!!

I would also be interested in an inch replica if sells it for significantly less then what they go for now.

Same here. An inch replica at bargain price is awesome. I already have a 1.5", 2", and 2.4" loadable DB handles for training.

Personally, I think he'll sell alot more db handles. Not sure what the margain is on those.

I think Cody should shoot for a inch replica

I already own a Sorinex inch replica which I am not able to lift yet. Would be very interested in a lighter bell with a 2.5'' handle for training. Maybe in the 140-150lb range?? If the price is as good as you say I would order one of these as soon as it was available.

If he has a loadable Inch Replica in the works, I'll strike up a deal.

I also am interested in a loadable inch replica. If the price is right, I'm all for it.

And a 3" dumbbell handle.

I'd like to see a big loadable dumbbell with chambers. That way you could fill each side in just one quadrant (or whatever) and create some nasty torque. Kind of like an offset handle, except you'd have the option to load it evenly or create whatever amount of "offset" you need.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a big loadable dumbbell with chambers. That way you could fill each side in just one quadrant (or whatever) and create some nasty torque. Kind of like an offset handle, except you'd have the option to load it evenly or create whatever amount of "offset" you need.

That is what I had in mind when I mentioned a loadable Inch.

That sounds ridiculous. In a very good way.