Gigantic Db = 196lbs. Empty!

mightyjoe

Recently my son Cody set out to make his own loadable Circus DB and what he ended up

with is AMAZING!

I thought I would post a few pics in my gallery to share his handiwork with everyone.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10694

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?app=galleryℑ=10695

Even though Cody is my son and I'm biased, I have to admit he did a fantastic job!!!

All he lacks is some final grinding to bevel the edges of the cylinders and painting it flat black.

Once painted he is going to stencil in white "Try Me" on the cylinders! Awesome!

BTW, he was inspired to make this by the Circus DB that Richard Sorin and company made me that

I named the Musselwhite Bell.

I don't know of a larger loadable DB in existence! If one exists I would like someone top post a link please.

Here's the specs on Cody's "Try Me " DB:

Weight

= 196.4 lbs. empty

Overall length

= 32"

Handle Diameter

= 2" solid steel

Cylinder Diameter

= 13"

Cylinder length

= 13.5"

Cylinder circumference

= 40.5"

Distance between the cylinders

= 5"

• Like 3

MASSIVE DB, man. How much does your Musselwhite bell weigh?

Musselwhite Bell = 129.6 lbs.

Both son and dumbbell are massive :grin: I would pass armwrestling him!

Nice work by the way. Always nice to see both father and son sharing the same passion.

WANT.

I'm gonna have to go hit up the local machinist...

I think I could one hand deadlift it... And not much else. That thing is awesome though, excellent work.

Are the cylinders custom, or were they repurposed from something else?

WANT.

I'm gonna have to go hit up the local machinist...

I think I could one hand deadlift it... And not much else. That thing is awesome though, excellent work.

Are the cylinders custom, or were they repurposed from something else?

Cody had the cylinders cut from 1/2" thick, 12" dia. pipe. The 4 end plates are 3/8" thick.

He did manage to DL it about 3" off the ground though.

He custom made this himself and he's always been good with steel fabrication, welding, cutting etc...

The only thing I helped him with was centering the holes for the handle and a few suggestions

here and there. The only actual work I did was helping him unload it onto my dolly and hauling to the shed for

the final touch ups and paint.

I told Cody you guys liked his work and he says he certainly appreciates the kind words! Cody is a quite guy

and has a passion for the iron game as well as I do. My other son Shane is just as involved in the Iron Game

too. I raised them and taught them weightlifting from an early age and emphasized the importance of health

and fitness. I instilled in them the need to make it a lifestyle instead of a passing hobby as many do.

Thanks for all the comments!!!

Very nice dumbbell. I also appreciate the fact that you have raised your sons to be passionate about Iron Game.

Nice work, Cody! I bet that has a formidable amount of rotation.

That's a mean looking beast! Really good welding job. I've only had one welding experience which was just recently made a pipe axle. Maybe some day I could make something that sweet. In the mean time I'll remain jealous. Good stuff!

It looks like something that should be loaded into a howitzer or on the wing of a plane.