Tv Appearance For Grip & Feats

Jedd Johnson

If you're on my newsletter, then you already know this, but I had the amazing opportunity to be a part of a National Geographic TV show this past Sunday and Monday in Los Angeles California.

They asked me not to go into the premise of the program, but I can certainly tell you that the show involved plenty of Grip Strength tests/challenges as well as Feats of Strength.

It was pretty cool, I met some great people in the TV industry, and got to see Venice Beach's boardwalk first hand.

I will keep everybody posted as I get more details about when the show will air. I didn't realize there was such a lead time on stuff like this. It will probably be well into 2013. But when it does come out, I would appreciate any help you could give me by spreading it around through the various Social Media Channels. The better rating the show gets, I am sure the happier the producers will be.

Thanks for the support everybody. I hope everybody is working hard and smart. All the best in your training.

Jedd

If you're not on one of my newsletters, they're free. One is at DieselCrew.com in the upper right hand margin. I also have a Grip Strength - specific one at TheGripAuthority.com/ in the upper right hand corner as well. Lots of free articles, Q&A, and other training info.

• Like 3

Dude that is too cool! Looking forward to seeing the show.

A shame you didn't have a flight layover in Oakland or San Fran. Depending on the available time I would of bought you a drink and/or challenged you to a few feats at Casa de la Reinard, maybe even a little medley.

Keep that wrist in shape for signing autographs! Participating in that show will hopefully do much for you AND grip! Thanks in advance for being a good representative of strength! R. Sorin

This sounds exciting! I know you said the audience liked the shoe you bent into a heart, what were some of the other feats of strength that got a good response from the crowd? I know everyone here would love to see you pull big numbers on the 2HP, but the non-grip public is probably impressed by other things.

People thought the deck of cards looked easy and it got no reaction whatsoever. There was a really good reaction on the frying pan roll-up, but the biggest reaction of all was when I blew up a hot water bottle until it burst. It was easily the loadest one I have done so far, that or the big white things that they had all around us funneled the noise back at me, but it actually rang my ears a bit. I am getting better at that because the first couple I did took like 2 minutes or more but this one seemed to only take about a minute.

• Like 4

Congrats Jedd!!! Maybe you'll have paparazzi following you around after it airs next year?

Really awesome Jedd

I can't wait to see the show!!

ahh so this is the LA Grip Trip then. Thats pretty awesome Jedd. Keep us posted.

Yes, this was Operation: LA Grip Trip. I sent a newsletter out about it, but maybe you didn't see it.

Groupies - that's what I foresee in Jedd's future - Screaming teeny bopper groupies :grin:

ahh so this is the LA Grip Trip then. Thats pretty awesome Jedd. Keep us posted.

Yes, this was Operation: LA Grip Trip. I sent a newsletter out about it, but maybe you didn't see it.

right on. I read emails at work and can get easily distracted. I remember reading about Lawler right though which is right before so I probably got distracted.

Groupies - that's what I foresee in Jedd's future - Screaming teeny bopper groupies :grin:

As long as they don't make me sign their autographs with their pen, I am cool with that.

right on. I read emails at work and can get easily distracted. I remember reading about Lawler right though which is right before so I probably got distracted.

Yes, it was in the email about Jerry Lawler, I think.

Jedd - maybe you can float them the idea of stopping out to various grip, steel bending, strongman contests, etc. for one of the one off specials they do.

• 2 weeks later...