Training Time

Shooter77B50

How long should a grip training program last?

Most of the time I grip train for more than 45 minutes.

Is 45 minutes to much?

I might need to change my grip training program a little depending on what is recommend.

I exercise my grip 3 days a week & 1 day of other training where I work my arms.

What do you all recommend for my grip training?

Mine take about two hours. The rest is the most thing I use in this two hours. It made me close a CoC #3 and cert on the Red Nail

I always train grip at the end of my "regular" lifting sessions. I'd say the whole session takes an hour and a half, with grip taking 20-30 mins. But I only train one grip lift in any given session.

Guest Squat More

I usually do grip training between Squat sets, days I do close grip bench as bench assistance, and deadlift days. I don't really time my grip training, it just happens between my core lifts training. Grip is usually an after thought, I don't obsess about it and it works for me best that way. Some days what I want to do grip related just isn't working so I will do something else. In my opinion it is far more important to work with barbells and train the core lifts as a main priority then do grip related stuff. I know Steve Gardener has said it many times, if you want a strong or stronger grip you gotta be strong over all. You can't pull 400 pounds on an axle if you can't pull 400 pounds on a barbell, essentially.

I usually do grip training between Squat sets, days I do close grip bench as bench assistance, and deadlift days. I don't really time my grip training, it just happens between my core lifts training. Grip is usually an after thought, I don't obsess about it and it works for me best that way. Some days what I want to do grip related just isn't working so I will do something else. In my opinion it is far more important to work with barbells and train the core lifts as a main priority then do grip related stuff. I know Steve Gardener has said it many times, if you want a strong or stronger grip you gotta be strong over all. You can't pull 400 pounds on an axle if you can't pull 400 pounds on a barbell, essentially.

Agreed. I started training grip as a means toward making myself stringer overall, and Improving my "big lifts," and as much as I lie training grip, it still maintains that status.

You can take 16 hours if your body can handle it. I try and get all of my training in <60minutes... solely for time management purposes