Wanna See Something Awesome

Jedd Johnson

My man, Aaron Corcorran, is awesome.

He has put together an unbelievable charting system for Top 5 performances on the Grip Sport website.

Check this bad boy out: http://www.gripsport.org/lists.htm

You can view listings for tons of different events all on the same screen by modifying a few different selections.

So awesome, Aaron. Great work brother.

Jedd

• Like 2

Looks fantastic!

• Like 1

Aaron is the man! He's been working on this along with other features that are going to really change the records list - the way promoters enter data along with a host of other cool things! We all owe him big time for his work! Thanks Aaron!

• Like 1

This is super cool. I am surprised how many class world records I have :)

I counted 20.

2HP 66, 74

Parallel gripper 66, 74, 83

Axle 66, 74

Silver Bullet #3 66, 74, 83

GripTopz Hub 66, 74

IM HUB, 74, 83, 93

1HP 66

Rim 66, 74

Rolling Thunder 74, 83

• Like 1

Very cool tool. Any plans to put historical contest data prior to 2012 in it?

I thought it was a little wierd that a lift scored in a lighter weight class counted as the world record for the heavier wieght classes.

Thanks all! Took about 7 months and I lost track of the hours, but it was alot. Mostly on the backend promoters results entry interface.

Very cool tool. Any plans to put historical contest data prior to 2012 in it?

I thought it was a little wierd that a lift scored in a lighter weight class counted as the world record for the heavier weight classes.

There is some historical info in there already. The list is for contest events done according to IGC rules. Sanctioned contests and some grandfathered contests results which can be verified that were done according to the rules. One of the items that eliminates many earlier contests results is the requirement for accurately weighed plates. Promoters have been using accurately weighted plates in the 2HP event for years but not so in other events. There are other rules requirements as well but hopefully you get the idea. I have a running list of the sanctioned contests and associated events and ones that have been entered into the database up on the forum I setup for the IGC members to get work done. I can post that here if requested.

The way the records are setup to take the higher class if higher is according to the way the IGC voted on doing it. We are just finishing up the first revision of the IGC Technical Rules Guide and hope to have that posted publicly very soon.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn
  • Like 1

Promoters should obviously contact me for a login to the results management interface as well. It is super easy to use now and I have even integrated Google translate so that it is not so challenging for promoters that would help.

- Aaron

I saw this last night after following a link to the main site in another thread. Absolutely fantastic work, Aaron. This will be a great resource for a long time.

• Like 1

Ok, If anyone finds a Name misspelled or incorrect result please let me know. Even an incorrect country value, please let me know. At this point I've entered close to 1600 performances into the database for 285 different athletes from 12 different countries. I've fixed all of the boo-boo's that I've caught but would not be surprised if I missed some. I've tried to be as accurate as possible but it is still alot of opportunity to make mistakes.

If you have a performance you think should be on the list but is not, also let me know so we can determine if it possibly can go on the list.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Wow Aaron! I can't conceive how much work that must have taken. It surely will take grip to the next level!

• Like 1

This all sounds very well thought out. Great job.

Making the lists so accessible to the public could be a big help in getting people to compete, especially in the lighter weight classes.

• Like 1

I've always thought of Aaron as a genius.

I'm now convinced!!!

Much appreciation for this Aaron!!! :bow

• Like 1

I stumbled on this and have been switching some parameters but this works good! Big effort in this I would say, this should be pinned indeed.

Huge contribution to the sport Aaron...labor of love combined with a few choice words I'd guess.

• Like 1