Blob Hunting

JeffPeterson

Anybody know where I can find a blob. I tried to buy a dumbell from york but they don't get back to me. If it helps I'm in Minnesota.

Jeff,

I may be wrong on this but I faintly recall someone posting

about York DBs at a place called Galyans in Minnesota. Not sure though

Since this was a long ago post it could be Minnesota or maybe

Wisconsin. This is the best of my recollection.

Yeah, Jeff you must have fallen asleep at the wheel on this one. Of the twelve Blobs (the 50's) I had I've sold all I'm going to sell. I still have a couple of 35's and 40's though.

I had problems connecting with York as well. 2nd Wind is also a York dealer. Maybe you can order a 100 through them, although I had problems with them as well. I think that York charges $0.85/lb. on their dumbbells.

As far as Galyan's you won't find any there, at any of the three MN locations. That's where I got mine a couple months ago and I bought all of them. I was actually told, specifically, by one of the managers who helped me that he didn't want to see those dumbbells in his store ever again. I gladly obliged...

Be sure to bring a camera with you if you go to Galyan's and request them to order a York 100. I'd love to see the look on the guy's face.

BC.

I've tried all the Galyan's and you're right no go. York was not much help. 2nd wind has me calling in circles plus they never return calls.

Joe skipped school that why he didn't swing by your office today.

Edited by JeffPeterson

Jeff, please contact me. Plenty of blobs here where I am! :)

That's the same problem I had with 2nd Wind. They're a York dealer yet they make it out to seem like a big hassle when you want to order York products. It's a pretty unpopular product for the masses and that doesn't help things either. I've got the 40 in my office now so whenever Joe stops by is fine (probably Wednesday).

See you in 19 days!

BC.

Brian thanks for getting the 40 lb blob for us. Would you please bring the 50lb to Wis. I'm begging you. I've been training pinch really hard and would like to give it a go. I would pay to take attempts if you wanted me too. See you then.

No problem. And, as I've said before, you guys are more than welcome to come over and train grip and/or events with me anytime. Matt's doing his best to ensure that Randy Strossen retires comfortably and we have most of Ironmind's grip toys now.

BC.

Let the record show that Brian Carlton is a true "gripper". It sounds like he will be bring a full collection of blobs to a Wis. strongman contest. Going out of his way to provide people the privilage of blob lifting. We could all learn alot from Brian. :bow