Grippers

Dan Cenidoza

What's the difference between grippers? Somewhere along the line I got the impression that Beef Builder grippers were like a stepping stone for the next ironmind gripper, but after checking their website, their grippers offer the same amount of resistance. So why buy both? How about PDA's grippers? They aren't talked about too much here. Any reason why?

Dan, I thought you had the KTA ebook?

There's a while chapter devoted to gripper variances. The beef builders are no different.

Yeah, I got KTA. :inno I just don't understand why everyone seems to have so many grippers. Like that pile sitting in the background of one of the pics in KTA. What's the purpose of having so many? Also, PDA's grippers are a lot cheaper, are they cheaply made too? Does anybody have one?

Grippers vary, that is the reason for having so many. They all have different strengths and weaknesses. Having a bunch of grippers allows a person to build up different areas of strength, sweep, close, hold. The Beef Builder grippers have went down a lot. They used to be steps between IM grippers, then they shortened their strokes after PDA signed up with Tetting and he started making more narrow grippers. Many people have had problems with the handles being loose, some too loose to use safely. So, that maybe an answer to the cheap made question. Just like anything else, some like them some don't.......

RB crushers look very nicely made if you are looking for something besides IM grippers.

Dan C

Listen to Heath,when it comes to grippers,this guy shure nos his stuff,he aint to bad at closin em either :D

Heath i noticed that you said that pda and others have started making there grippers a bit narrower,does this mean that you would prefer a wider gripper,more like the original Ironmind ones,or are you happy with the spread of the PDA ones,thanks for the feedback.

IMHO, I think that IM grippers are about right. Any wider, and small handed people have no chance. The more narrow grippers loose some sweep power making them easier. Even on a fairly deep set, you still have spring load with an IM gripper, on the narrow ones, they don't have the same load, thus requiring less power. I would LOVE to have an old BBE the silver spring, or an original Silver IM #3. I like the width on those grippers, the sweep is usually huge, and they are a bear to close. Just my $0.02.......

As the commercial says...."wider is better". I have small hands, but I still prefer the wider grippers as they more effectively build your overall hand strength. Nothing wrong with the narrower ones per se, but you cannot correlate between wide and narrow.

I have a perfect rationale for having more grippers, try to close them all each workout. The more you have the stronger you will get. You will also get a statistical distribution of gripper strengths.

I don't ever remember the PDA grippers as being cheaper.....at least in price.

No, they're not cheap are they? I think I was looking at the S&H price, which is $7.95.

Pat

Being one of the few people 2 be able to close a #3Left and right,what are your thoughts on a range of grippers to suit the left hand,these of coarse could also be used for the right hand as are the right handed grippers now.

Also do you do grippers and bend in the same workout,and that frying pan roll up is one hell of a party piece :bow

I like collecting them. They are all different. :)

Heath put it nicely. You get all sorts of variation to train with, etc.

Yes I agree they are great to collect and there is a

huge variation between them all which will only help

and benfit you in your training by having more IMO

Matt