Ioan Puscasu #4 Certification (attempt) Is Coming Soon...

Florian Kellersmann

Can't wait!!! Go Ioan!!! Crush it!!!

:rock :rock :rock

Glad hes going for it again. I hope he gets it. It will help others get over the mental hurdle by showing it can be done.

Randall clarified that you CAN oil the gripper before your cert. If this news could get to Ioan, maybe it would help him. Unless he gets it straight-out anyway!

• Like 1

hmmm, showing it on tv is pretty cool. beforehand, they should have average people try to close various grippers to give perspective.

Edited by bubba29

:bow I wish him good luck, this would definitely be something! Amazing if he pulls it off...imagine the strength of that guy. :devil You would think why the Egyptian Hulk never pulled this off :grin: I bet HE can do it TNS for reps while doing one arm handstand pushups. Edited by Geralt

This is news for sure, a true #4 cert..."a strength feat for the ages" if he gets this. Even trying to cert is noteworthy :bow :bow

I wonder if you can watch the attempt live via sport.ro. I really hope he makes this phenomenal feat. What Big T said.

The new #4 seem to have the widest RGC ratings though so if he gets a freak #4 doubt he will stand a chance. My bet is they want someone to close the #4 so will give him the best chance to do it since he is a high profile athlete. I still would rather have more of a pure grip guy be the first to close it though.

I bet on Ioan.He can make it.i have a question he can oil the gripper before the attempt?,very important to know maybe Randall will answer.Ioan is ready and waiting to crush the #4.Good luck Ioan Puscasu!!!!!

Eduard, here is the LINK where Dr. Strossen confirmed at the Ironmind Forum. It was a direct response to my post that you should be allowed to oil the gripper prior to a cert. Here is the quote as well:

Matt -

All very interesting and yes, not only are you allowed to oil the spring, we actively encourage customers to give their CoC a little TLC along the way, and there's no reason why you can't lube one up before an official attempt.

By the way, this is awfully exciting. I would LOVE to seem him smash this thing. It will be a cert for the ages. :yikes

Ion closes № 3.5 - 55 (fifty five) repetitions.

o_O o_O w..w...w..whaaaaat?! Sounds INSANE.

Mini reps maybe.

Mini reps IM#3.5 still is freakin' insane. I'd settle with 5 and still feel king of the hill :)

• Like 1

Mini reps maybe.

Yes...mini reps

Mini reps maybe.

Yes...mini reps

...and i will show you with a brand new one tomorrow...wish me luck...

Good luck dude.

Nice to see how it goes.

Good luck, Ioan!