Cheap Rehab Grip Tools?

yummy

Now I like the look of the ironmind egg/hand extensors its just they are kind of expensive and curious if their are other prodcuts out there to use for rehab that are cheaper?

Now I like the look of the ironmind egg/hand extensors its just they are kind of expensive and curious if their are other prodcuts out there to use for rehab that are cheaper?

What are you re-habing?

I'm a big fan of my homemade formulator after Aaron recommended it for strengthening the wrist extension. There are a number of good ideas if you google it. I'm trying to find the link that had the the design I used, but it escapes me at the moment.

I'd also recommend sledge work - it has done wonders for my elbow after I tweaked it doing too much bending a few weeks ago. My brother and I were having fun bending bolts and putting them back in our father's hardware drawer (yes, I'm 38 and I still prank my Dad from time to time).

• Like 1

Thick rubber bands from Staples are great. Broccoli bands are really tough but good. Lobster bands seem to be to tough.

Buy a Nerf ball and squeeze it.

get dexterity balls, I think 2.5" to 3" is best in solid steel.

Carful on the sledge work if you do because you can harm your wrist too if you do too much.

Good luck and you should let us know what is wrong with you too.

What are you re-habing?

elbow/wrist/extensors--pain in fist area- but looking for general rehab equipment in general since I don't have any

Also do you have a link to that formulator?

What are you re-habing?

elbow/wrist/extensors--pain in fist area- but looking for general rehab equipment in general since I don't have any

bucket of sand

What are you re-habing?

I think you have to make one.

bag of staples rubber bands

2" pipe for an axle, do wrist curls normal/reverse

light sledge work, sup/pronate

tennis ball to rub out sore muscles. lean onto it on the desk or against a wall.

also lean onto a bar in the squat rack, right onto the forearm. move about, great deep massage!

consistant stretching of elbow wrist and fingers, no tight muscles allowed

• Like 2

I think the page where I found the plans for this has been taken down, but I'll check my book marks when I get home. Here's the one I made:

http://www.gripboard...eryℑ=10034

The instructions on the original page needed a lot of modification anyway so if you're interested and that page is in fact taken down, I can write up how I made this and what you need. It's a great tool and I'm glad I have it.

Kevin - thanks for posting - I think I might have been thinking of the link you mentioned was taken down. Mine looks very similar to yours. The only difference was I used 2"OD pipe, because I had it laying around. I really like this design, and it does a great job on the extensors.

Sure enough, just when I'm about to give up:

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/shenandoah/Grunt/Grip_1.html

• Like 1

Kevin - thanks for posting - I think I might have been thinking of the link you mentioned was taken down. Mine looks very similar to yours. The only difference was I used 2"OD pipe, because I had it laying around. I really like this design, and it does a great job on the extensors.

Sure enough, just when I'm about to give up:

http://www.angelfire...unt/Grip_1.html

Awesome site saved it and will be making several things on there

That's the one! If you decide to make the formulator there are several things you have to do differently than how they are posted. Let me know if you do and I'll PM you the changes.

Get a tens unit, gaurenteed

Guest Squat More

Not really grip related, more general strength training related but investing in a Rumble Roller is one of the best things I have ever done.

• 4 weeks later...

That looks like something Bane would wear. :chris:

Interesting concept. How do you adjust the tension?

• Like 1

That looks like something Bane would wear. :chris:

Interesting concept. How do you adjust the tension?

Haha...very true, It reminds of Bane too.

The tension can be adjusted by

1. by attaching the finger bands to the bottom row

2. by placing two finger bands on individual finger tips

3. by securing the wrist strap upside down as below:

hand-yoga-advanced-setting.png?w=600&h=230

Hope this helped! :-)

• Like 1