Electronic Scoresheets. Who Uses Them?

daniel reinard

Promoters,

Who out there uses some form of electronic scoresheet, excel etc to keep track of scores, classes? Second part of the question, do you have it set up to auto tally, score rank everyone?

I know Jedd has a laptop and seems to dabble on it in comps, not sure what he's using though.

Basically, last comp I used paper sheets to keep track of everyones lifts then at the end of the comp I had to sit there with a calculator and do 30 minutes of math and writing to finish it all up to get the final scores and rankings. This time with 3 classes and a larger expected crowd I've made an Excel sheet that knows the top lift for each class then scores the classes appropriately instantly. Literally when the last person finishes the last event I can enter the number of items they scored in the medley and then move straight to awards time.

What are y'all's thoughts on this?

post-19343-0-82589500-1343198274_thumb.j

post-19343-0-38887600-1343198324_thumb.j

I believe Josh Rice wrote a spreadsheet for Chris to use at Gripmas. Of course, Chris has no idea how it works....but he could probably send it to you. If he doesn't break the internet trying to attach it to the email.

I believe Josh Rice wrote a spreadsheet for Chris to use at Gripmas. Of course, Chris has no idea how it works....but he could probably send it to you. If he doesn't break the internet trying to attach it to the email.

I do too know how it works - it has something to do with a dead rooster feather waved over a roasted toad and the blood dripped onto something electrical that only kids can make work. Be glad to send it to anyone who wants it - it works on the percentage scoring (Gripbash) system we have used for several years now and is very easy to use and does everything automatically (but I used it once so it may be broken now :) .

I do too know how it works - it has something to do with a dead rooster feather waved over a roasted toad and the blood dripped onto something electrical that only kids can make work. Be glad to send it to anyone who wants it - it works on the percentage scoring (Gripbash) system we have used for several years now and is very easy to use and does everything automatically (but I used it once so it may be broken now :) .

I have a copy as well I can send you. Saves an incredible amount of time. I have it set up for timed events, like the frame hold, as well. Josh is amazing and cannot be thanked enough for setting this up. Another time saver is color coding your plates and having the exact lifting weights pre-set for pinch and axle.

LOL Sean and Chris.

I'd like a copy if someone can email it. daniel.reinard@gmail.com

I set mine up on the Gripbash system as well, the tougher part was making sure each class was scored seperately while still being on a single worksheet for simplicities sake. It'd be great to see what others are doing. It sounds quite nice. If it's too nice i'll have to trash mine.

Danial - realize that I have no clue what I'm talking about here. Josh made this up before we had all the weight classes (Gripmas had 3 classes so that's all that's on this) so it will need additional classes added depending on what classes you are having. You probably know how to do all this but I plan to have Josh set up a new sheet that will do all the weight classes - I'll see when he can do this for us. It's probably relatively easy to do but the whole things smacks of magic to me so I'll leave it to you computer boys to do it. If any promoter wants a copy - I'll be glad to send it to anyone (free of course). I think I will be seeing Josh this weekend - I'll see if he has time to make the changes - then email it it you either way Danial.

Cool Chris. No rush on any of that. I have a sheet but am curious what others are using. Andrew sent me the current copy so later i'll be taking a look at it. I appreciate the help guys. It'll be good to share these ideas especially as classes and such grow.

I have an open office one I use, I can mail it you if you need one

Normally I use an excel spreadsheet on the laptop. The last comp was calculating by hand since the laptop was acting up and I didn't want to chance it crapping out in the middle of the comp.

- Aaron

I have an open office one I use, I can mail it you if you need one

Yes, if it's different than the one Andrew uses please forward it. I'd like to see what everyone is using and compare, adopt etc it to the one I made.

• 3 weeks later...

I do now, especially with NAGS scoring system, results are right up to date.

I have posted this before, but Google spreadsheets allow live contest updates very easy, as in updated as the results are entered almost.

I do now, especially with NAGS scoring system, results are right up to date.

I have posted this before, but Google spreadsheets allow live contest updates very easy, as in updated as the results are entered almost.

That's a pretty cool feature. I'll check that out. I've used google docs a couple times and it has always been super easy. Quite the relief in todays techy craziness. Thanks Bob.