Injury Question

yummy

ObSDp.jpg

So I have some pretty bad pain there anytime I do anything grip related with it and it throbs a bit from time to time. i recently injured it doing some reverse bending and some negative gripper training. I can't even close the level 1 gripper-a gripper that is generally very easy for me- without pain in that area. I'm icing it right now when I get the chance but is there any rehab exercises I can do for it or should I just wait it out? Its not swollen ot anything just deep joint pain around those first two fingers/thumb area. I felt it really strain on a pr reverse bend after the gripper training and didn't notice it as much due to adrenolin.

have you done any pronation curls?

No I hurt it last night I just got home and its been really bugging me all day. I tried doing a little light grip training right now and it was hurting pretty bad on gripper training and pinching-didn't even dare try bending since thats how I hurt it- The wrist by my thumb hurts also but not as bad as the hand. I'll try some of those really light tonight. Just looking for rehab exercises to do for the next week that those of you have tried who might have had similar pain.

You have over stressed the joint and probably the connective tissues recovery capacity... Most people agree that supramaximal negatives will send you there faster than almost anything else.

I had this same injury for about two months, one thing I used for rehab was a homedics messager. I would turn it all the way up ,turn on the heat and just rest my palm on it for 20 to 40 minutes. Doing this would swell up my hand a bit , but I think it helped blood flow get to the injured tendons. I also used contrast baths, and used my IM egg, after 6 weeks I was back to 100 percent, just had to be cautious and deligent with the rehab.

I had this same injury for about two months, one thing I used for rehab was a homedics messager. I would turn it all the way up ,turn on the heat and just rest my palm on it for 20 to 40 minutes. Doing this would swell up my hand a bit , but I think it helped blood flow get to the injured tendons. I also used contrast baths, and used my IM egg, after 6 weeks I was back to 100 percent, just had to be cautious and deligent with the rehab.

Do you know which one you used? I've just been working tns grip closes with my left hand to bring it up since can't do any grip with my right hand still not even setting grippers without hurtin it-and just been using ice and self messaging it-. Good to know someone else had a similar pain and it helaed up well for you. Did you regain your strength alright or did you lose some?

I used a homedics model PA-3H dont know if they still make it , mines like 12 years old. The new ones should work just as well long as they have the heat function. As far as strength loss, I did lose a little ( like closing my 2 to barely closing my 1.5) but was able to bounce back and made some decent gains, I also stretched that finger (middle) constantly, or was doing something mobile like chinese balls or coin shuffling. Right now working on closing my 2.5 without over doing it, which is hard cause Im so close. I really think doing heavy negatives is what caused my injury in the first place. I still do some negative work but only if I can help the close with my off hand, the day of leg smashing are over.

The main thing that you need to do after an injury and after the swelling goes down is to pump blood into the area... and not damage it further when doing it.

Rest. And after rest, active rest and massage for bloodflow.This takes time.

• Like 1