Recovery Time From Extremely Intense Workouts?

EyalZamir

i know its individual think to ask and it depends on the age , stress levels, food, sleep, genetics etc...

but around how much time you need to recover betwin workouts of death... i mean when you hit all the muscle fibers to the maximum ...

Guest Squat More

Yep, every training session for me involves squats, a push (bench or OHP) and a pull (rows or DL) along with grip work and even when it hit it hard, I am usually good 24 hours later.

Can you give example of a extremely intense workout please. Extreme is a big word :-) and would be something out of the ordinary! At least in my book.

Can you give example of a extremely intense workout please. Extreme is a big word :-) and would be something out of the ordinary! At least in my book.

Workout that in each set of each exercise you go to failure in every repitition for about 2 mins. its like extream drop sets...

It takes 48 hours for a muscle to properly recover. If your doing fully body then I would wait that long generally so that means 1 day off between workouts.

you kidding ? my doms are just getting started after 8 hours... and my bones still hurts even after 5 days ...after my kind of workouts

you kidding ? my doms are just getting started after 8 hours... and my bones still hurts even after 5 days ...after my kind of workouts

You might be overtraining though ofcourse this is just a general guideline it takes a long time to figure out your own body and how it reacts to working out and eating.

Guest Squat More

Then you have over done it, be smart about your training. Not every session has to kill you, being smart includes proper recovery and training programming. The only time I ever get doms is when I am coming off a layoff of more than a week.

Sometimes it can take around two weeks for my hands to recover. But that's mostly from doing high volume with severe negatives.

Sometimes it can take around two weeks for my hands to recover. But that's mostly from doing high volume with severe negatives.

Well tendons take longer to recover also you could have injured yourself. I did a pretty intense bending session-for myself- even hit a pr yet I hurt my wrist in the process and struggle to bend without some discomfort a week later. The biggest problem with training in general is trying to stay healthy so you can stay consistent and make slow steady gains.

Periods of overreaching [going outside of your limits] must be followed by a taper/ deload. An injury means that you just had a work out that you may never recover from.... remember that.

Well tendons take longer to recover also you could have injured yourself. I did a pretty intense bending session-for myself- even hit a pr yet I hurt my wrist in the process and struggle to bend without some discomfort a week later. The biggest problem with training in general is trying to stay healthy so you can stay consistent and make slow steady gains.

Yup! And that's why I feel done with negatives for the time being. :)

For me:

Low reps, low volume, high intensity, large muscles = 6 days

Moderate reps, low volume, small muscles = 4 days

Hands = 6 days per type, 72 hrs in general, but increases in frequency from time to time result in gains

i know its individual think to ask and it depends on the age , stress levels, food, sleep, genetics etc...

but around how much time you need to recover betwin workouts of death... i mean when you hit all the muscle fibers to the maximum ...

At large it depends on your level of blood circulation in your hands and around the elbow... so it really is an individual matter, but you can always increase circulation.