Atomgripz Still Alive?

iamsean11

I was on the Atomgripz website tonight and noticed that you can still order grippers from them... I thought they went out of business? :unsure

Anyone know what the deal is with them? Heck, I might order me some grippers!

If they still have the keyring ones, I'm ordering 20 for an update in my bling-ay.

I own a few IMs, 2 RBs, one direct gripper from Warren Tetting, I plan to get 2 GHPs this week, AGs appear to be the hardest pieces of the collection to find.

They have struggled to fill orders for some time but are presumably in business still. I emailed for a status update earlier today; will post the response here (if I get one, heh).

I have a mirror finish triple band and absolutely love it. For a grip nut it's like a work of art.

They have struggled to fill orders for some time but are presumably in business still. I emailed for a status update earlier today; will post the response here (if I get one, heh).

I have a mirror finish triple band and absolutely love it. For a grip nut it's like a work of art.

Please give us an update when you hear back! I am looking for a smooth triple band and a quad band with knurling. I was going to order last night, but wanted to make sure the company was still doing business.

Sean

Please give us an update when you hear back! I am looking for a smooth triple band and a quad band with knurling. I was going to order last night, but wanted to make sure the company was still doing business.

Sean

Judging from your completed goals so far the triple band may be much too easy for you, even with smooth handles (the spring wire diameter is the same as for a #2.5 and at least on mine the spread is some 10mm narrower). Lloyd at AG told me they make all grippers to order so you can maybe ask for an extra wide one.

It's good to hear they are still open for business. None-the-less I won't be selling my smooth gold plated triple and quad bands.

Sean

Judging from your completed goals so far the triple band may be much too easy for you, even with smooth handles (the spring wire diameter is the same as for a #2.5 and at least on mine the spread is some 10mm narrower). Lloyd at AG told me they make all grippers to order so you can maybe ask for an extra wide one.

That is interesting that they do custom widths. I think I might do a parallel 5 band and a normal 4 band then. Thanks!

Sean

Sean

That is interesting that they do custom widths. I think I might do a parallel 5 band and a normal 4 band then. Thanks!

Sean

Um, I think you mean a narrow 5? Don't believe they can make a parallel gripper (but the idea is a bit thought-provoking).

Daniel,

I agonized for a long time whether to get a gold plated or not. Ultimately I decided against it but I am mighty jealous of yours. Do you actually train with them or just display?

Sean

Sean

Um, I think you mean a narrow 5? Don't believe they can make a parallel gripper (but the idea is a bit thought-provoking).

Daniel,

I agonized for a long time whether to get a gold plated or not. Ultimately I decided against it but I am mighty jealous of yours. Do you actually train with them or just display?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDPfKOk7LeI&feature=plcp

I also just torched my #4 and its 1 5/8 inch and super hard still, so one of those Beef Builder Worlds or whatever they are called would be perfect for parallel...

Edited by iamsean11

Yeah I don't train with them. Just collectors at the moment but will make a display one of these days. I have given them closes or attempts though. At the last contest I put on I put the quad band up for grabs as a close it keep it challenge post comp. The person to click the most reps got to keepit. Sadly everyone was too pooped to close it. The triple band was donated by a GB member as the first place prize.

I had them make me parallel 4, 5 and 6 band grippers with knurling. they are probably not exactly parallel but damn close to it.

I had them make me parallel 4, 5 and 6 band grippers with knurling. they are probably not exactly parallel but damn close to it.

I would not have guessed this. Very interesting.

Hey Mark, do you know if it cost more for the parallel spring setup? Where do you think the near parallel 5 band rates?

Thanks!

Sean

I just got a quad band from Tim. Been wanting one of these for a while now. Much cheaper than buying from the company and paying overseas shipping. Sweet gripper. Closed it MMS with no chalk or warm up right out the box no problems. Nice addition to my collection.

Hey Mark, do you know if it cost more for the parallel spring setup? Where do you think the near parallel 5 band rates?

Thanks!

Sean

gents - I paid 62 British pounds for the three grippers (plus shipping), the six band was 22, the others 20 each (this was in Feb 2011). I requested a 35mm spread or as close to this as possible. Daniel was great to deal with and I recommend you contact him if you want some customised grippers.

I haven't had them RGC'd so not sure where they rate. to give you some idea of my ability I'm not able to close a #3 from MMS but I have closed the parallel 4+5band that I have, so far I haven't been able to close the sixband parallel. I don't train with them very often so not sure how I'd go with some extra work. they were a bit of an impulse buy and they are fairly unique I guess.

*I just measured the spread - the 4 + 5 are 32mm and the the 6 is 35mm.

Edited by chilliman64
  • Like 1

Thanks!

Sean

gents - I paid 62 British pounds for the three grippers (plus shipping), the six band was 22, the others 20 each (this was in Feb 2011). I requested a 35mm spread or as close to this as possible. Daniel was great to deal with and I recommend you contact him if you want some customised grippers.

I haven't had them RGC'd so not sure where they rate. to give you some idea of my ability I'm not able to close a #3 from MMS but I have closed the parallel 4+5band that I have, so far I haven't been able to close the sixband parallel. I don't train with them very often so not sure how I'd go with some extra work. they were a bit of an impulse buy and they are fairly unique I guess.

*I just measured the spread - the 4 + 5 are 32mm and the the 6 is 35mm.

Thanks! I appreciate the information.

Sean

Sean

Unless you want the smooth (the mirror finish is what I'm referring to - the Gun Metal isn't nearly as smooth) handled Triple Band for TNS work. And in that case it will give most certified COCs enough run for their money to warrant keeping it in the training arsenal.

Sean

Sean

Atomgripz isn't the only company that has made parallel grippers by the way.

Yeah I don't train with them. Just collectors at the moment but will make a display one of these days. I have given them closes or attempts though. At the last contest I put on I put the quad band up for grabs as a close it keep it challenge post comp. The person to click the most reps got to keepit. Sadly everyone was too pooped to close it. The triple band was donated by a GB member as the first place prize.

I had 3 of the Quad Bands. One was wide spread and hit 166lbs. But felt harder due to a 3" spread and a hard sweep. Another hit 152lbs and was very narrow. Great TNS gripper. Blobert still has that one and I have a few of his grippers still. My Gun Metal Quad Band was pretty narrow but probably would've rated in the low-160s. Jedd has that now. Nasty gripper to TNS close even though the rating isn't super high.

Sean

Just heard back, my order will ship next week!

Apparently there is also an AG cert coming, see excerpt from the response which Lloyd asked me to share here:

I have heard a few people on the grip board saying that atomgripz are no longer trading, I can't post on the board as I'm not a sponser but feel free to tell them we are definitely still trading and will also be launching a very special cert system shortly for anyone that can close a 4 band or higher! The prize on offer is very cool for anyone that has certed.

We will also be extending the range soon to offer colour grippers.

I think the reason people may think we have stopped trading is because I don't currently have a distributor in the USA but out atomgripz.co.uk site is still going strong and as I say it's about to get an even better range.

I've been in contact with him about other stuff so I will also make sure he knows the he is WELCOME to post here, just not actively market or farm without being a sponsor.

This is great news! Thanks, Magnus.

I think I will be ordering soon then!

Sean

• 6 months later...