At Looong Last

the swiss

I closed my #3 left handed 2 days ago!!

it's taken me a very long time, but I must admit I focused more on max performance with my right, and I always have a hard time setting the gripper in my left hand

david

ps: guess what? I am finishing KTA's first phase! :)

thanks guys!

Mikael: I am not saying and don't believe KTA is the only way to progress on the grippers. I for one closed #3 without it. What I am saying is that it has made me progress (and I am far from being alone, apparently) more in 1 month than in the 6 months before it. that's all.

I think the daily training (which you and the Holle brothers do, if I'm not mistaken?) and the motivation boost is what brougth me most.

I didnt' try it before because it was incompatible with my climbing, but as I needed a rest from bouldering and was getting bored with my gripper training, I just decided to give it a shot.

david

If it helped get the job done then good for you for havin the balls to change your training and getting there in the end :D

Big congrats on the #3 lefty as well :rock

Congrats!!

That's too funny, I just recieved two back-issues of MILO and read your CoC write up last night. That was two years ago? :D

I shouldn't talk, my injury-plagued left hand may never get there...

Hey Bender,

what you don't know is that David is also a VERY strong bender and an outstanding pincher (he is just not the kind of man to blow his own trumpet)... Guess that his crushing grip has to be his "weak" spot :blink:rolleyes

Amaury.

My comment was about seeing names like "the swiss", "BearCat" and "Wannagrip" on a daily basis, and then opening an old issue of MILO to find pictures and bio's. It was pretty cool.

I've seen his web pic's, the rafter chin, the 60D's, and I know he is a phenominal grip athlete. And, growing up with thin, long-haired climbers, it's stagering to think that The Swiss can do these things at his body weight. Impressive. Very impressive. :bow

Awesome. That list short indeed!

Keep Squeezing!

Rick Walker :rock

Great job! I'm training to do the same.

The grippers do seem to favour the right hand even if you are left handed like myself.  Congrats on a PR!!!!!

Jon@han

Johnathan brings up a good point. I too am left handed but am stronger with my right hand when it comes to the grippers. I wonder why this is. Two of the guys I work with are also left handed but are able to close the grippers farther with their right hands. Any thoughts on this one guys ?

Edited by tmmicklabs

I think it's the skew and angle of the gripper. Spring wind makes a huge difference, the Lemely's I have is lefty wound and greatly favors lefty use.

tmmicklabs and other left handers,

I'm left handed as well but I'm good for 6 more reps on my left than on my right. I did however have your problem( but it only lasted for 2 workouts).

LJ

Guest mikebyoung

on the theme of left and right hands....

I train mine equally.

My crushing is much stronger with my right.

Although, my pinching and RT is a bit stronger with my left.

I am right handed.

Anyone else find different strengths alternating like that?

Thanks for the kind replies guys!

on to my next goal, a #3 filed about 5mm, which is VERY hard for me.

(Arne, despite my name, I am a french-speaking swiss!!)