Ironmind Grippers

gazza

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Robert Baraban,has asked me to put this in a post for you all to read.

Robert Baraban will no longer modify any new,old or existing Ironmind Grippers,nor will he engrave any new,old or existing Ironmind grippers,as this rightly so,leads to the possibility of the modified

Ironmind gripper and other Ironmind grippers being suspect,and would only tarnish the certification process and also bring into repute the good name of Dr.Randall Strossen and the Ironmind name,as thius was never the intention of Robert Baraban,he only sort to show cosmeticaly what he could do with the Ironmind grippers,and did not mean any disrespect to Dr.Strossen,Ironmind or any person here or elsewere that might of felt otherwise.He will continue to make and

modify grippers that he makes but gives his word to Dr.Strossen and other people that the Ironmind grippers will never be altered in anyway,so please do not ask for this as it is no longer available.

Looking over it now i think that this is right after all without the captains of crush certification process and Ironmind were would a lot of us be,gripwise,and to try and bring this into disrepute would not be good for any of us,as we all no if somethin is worth doing,its worth doing properly and that goes for keeping the captains of crush reputation intact.

Once again appologies if this had,has offended anyone,this was not Roberts intention.

All the best.......Gary(GAZZA)Hunt.

Would he still be willing to modify a BB gripper? There is no certification process there. I was hoping he could chrome plate one of my elites so that it would be harded.

JEFF

Sorry mate,

Robert will not modify in any way, any Ironmind,PDA,World Class or Tetting grippers, :D

Only the RB grippers will be modified,By Colour,Material,Handle Spread,Inscribing etc

Your friend in grip Gary(GAZZA)Hunt.

Jeff,

In my opinion, chrome plating a gripper spring will not magically

change the closure ip of the spring. Thats like saying; putting two

coats of paint on a 2x4 board would make it harder to break. Does

not happen.

Chrome plating requires reheating the wire to high degrees of

temperature therefore running the risk of changing the wire's

tensile strength and resistance to brittleness. However, Chrome

does make it very appealing in it's looks

Chromium was first added to low carbon iron for two reasons:

to make it lighter with the same stength and to resist corrosion

and rust in hostile environments. Thus, stainless steel was born.

Rust prevention being the main reason for doing so.

You want to make your elite harder, then have the handles moved

up on the spring legs a mm or so or Wannagrips' method of cutting

the inside of one handle and creating the "Beyond the Range" gripper

will definitely make her harder to close.

I do not mean to sound pretentious on the subject. Just presenting

some information I have learned over the years from studying metals

and working with people who are experts in metals. A quirky hobby

of mine :)

Wanna

What do you mean,the deal with Dr.Strossen. :blush

Yeah, did he say something?

I think that Ironmind could learn something from all this and start to offer grippers in a wider range of materials and finishes. They are slow to change. For a long time you could not even use a credit card and purchase from an online site.

I agree OldGuy..............

I have two of the RB grippers on the way.... I will try and present

an honest comparison view when they arrive. But given my belief

that Gazza knows quality based on the grip tool pics he has shared

in the gallery, actually prompted me to order them :cool

Ok spill the beans time.

I was at the OHF Dinner,when Steve G was playing with the grippers and gave one of the grippers to Dr.Strossen to look at,i then approached and introduced myself,i then filled Dr.Strossen in with the details of whoi they were made by,what materials,strengths,my role in the whole thing etc,i thought that this was better than ,trying to hide things from him(Out of Respect and courtescy realy).

Dr.Strossen checked out a couple of the Aluminium handled grippers and the Hand Dynanometer,he did not see the Brass or Steel handled grippers which were in my room at the time.

Dr.Strossen then asked me a number of questions about the grippers and i then said was there any thing about the grippers that he did not like,he said that they were very similar to the Ironmind grippers in appearance,with the band in the middle,i then asked him what he would like me to do,he said please remove the band from the middle of the gripper handles,i then said i would ask Robert to do this as a matter of Proffesional Courtescy,i then said would he mind if we put on 2 bands or the handles plain.Dr. Strossen said he did not mind so long as it was not in the middle of the handles.

Shortly after Dr.Strossen left.

When the RB Crushers were made public after the OHF Dinner,Robert

was contacted by email by Dr.Strossen about the grippers and modifying the Ironmind grippers(And rightly so)What was said is between Robert and Dr.Strossen.Robert then asked me to make a post on the grippage about the Ironmind grippers and that he Robert would or has not modified any Ironmind grippers,nor will he do so in the future,that also goes for other makes of grippers,PDA,World Class and Tetting made grippers.

We are now at were we are now.

At no time at all has Dr.Strossen been ungentlemany about the above,a little dissapionted maybe,but he has acted very proffesionaly through out the whole affair.

I hope that Dr. Strossen continues to have great success with his grippers as these were the benchmark grippers for decades,and rightly so,people just have a little more choice now,and thats were myself and Robert come in(you lucky people :D ).

All the best,

Gary(GAZZA)Hunt.

Quality

Were do we start,there are only so many ways in which you can make a bog standard hand gripper,and then the price has a bearing,also depends on profit margins,were they are made etc,a lot of people lately have been complaining of the World Class and Tetting grippers,having loose handles etc and the finishing not being upto scratch,this is why Robert over Sees the whole project and even

assembles the grippers himself by hand,the springs and handles are also made to Roberts speck in Austria(not Korea or China)were quality does have a bearing.

Robert is also in the process of making some higher IP,s than the 300,he also makes his grippers with an N on the handles,this means narrower spacing between the handles,which is for the smaller handed person and those having trouble with there set.These will be made in all available IP strengths as the other grippers.

And just to show that i am having some input into the RB grfippers,i have just asked Robert to make a left handed wound spring for those that like to train equaly on each hand ,or are left handed,these will also be available in all strengths and materials .Feedback please.

Also my idea gripper handles that are Anodized,,these are only available in Aluminium handles,but you can have,Red ,Green,Blue etc.

Feedback please.

Also let us no what you would like gripper wise and we will see if it can be done.

All for now....GAZZA................

Gazza-

As soon as I get the scratch together-I will send it to Robert! I can't wait to get my 4 new grippers custom made for ME! How cool-

Rick Walker :rock

I have a disease.

It's known as GRIPPERITIS.

Now matter how many grippers I have, I have to have just one more.

These new gems...I cannot resist. Must have one! Must have one!

Please heeeelpppppp meeeee!

:tongue

If these Grippers are an addiction (which they are)

then should thereot be a "Warning" label on them

"Warning using this product may cause you to

become a physical badass, not for the week" :happy

or something like that :online

Matt

I... have bought 20 grippers from IronMind... And 2 beef builders... And about 6 from k-mart... and one crappy lefty from lemly?

On the other hand, I gave 4 to co-workers, 6 to friends and family, 2 to a girl...

I too have a sickness, and I want to spread it to every one I meet... Soon, all around me will resound with the squeek of gripper-springs!!!